We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can anyone advise regarding Budgetair/American Airlines?

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Can anyone advise regarding Budgetair/American Airlines?

Hiya!

I am in the process of planning a California trip.. I bought tickets through Budgetair and have received e-tickets and booking references etc.. however, I'm a little worried now..

I can't create an account with American Airlines because I don't have a "record locator" and I can't create an account because I don't have an "AAdvantage number".. Now I'm guessing both of these things would be something I had got if I had booked directly with the airline.. (which I am beginning to wish I had done..)

Would anyone happen to know if there is a way of doing this so I can see my tickets on the American Airlines web site in a format I am happy with rather than trusting Budgetair who are obviously a third party...

We fly next month ... and I am considering changing the return flight. This is another reason I would like to deal with the airline.

Thanks in advance! :)

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
18,648 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can anyone advise regarding Budgetair/American Airlines?

You don't need an AAdvantage Account to see your flights but you do need the record locator or PNR which is normally a 6 alpha/numeric number - you should be able to get this from Budgetair.

"We fly next month ... and I am considering changing the return flight." - Be aware that some of the cheapest fares do not allow any changes and even if you can change you will incur a change fee and a fare difference fee - it's probable that AA would also say any changes had to be made by Budgetair as they made the booking and they could also charge a fee in addition to those from the airline.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
13,570 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can anyone advise regarding Budgetair/American Airlines?

As last post said you need to get the PNR fir your ticket from budget air. That's all you need to view your flight online.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can anyone advise regarding Budgetair/American Airlines?

Thankyou... I will contact them and try and get this! Thanks for the prompt reply! Think we will book an additional internal flight rather than try and get the departing airport changed for the international flight home!

Thanks again!

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
18,648 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can anyone advise regarding Budgetair/American Airlines?

"Think we will book an additional internal flight rather than try and get the departing airport changed for the international flight home!"

Be careful with that if your internal flight is on the same day as the international flight and is not with AA as a delay to your internal flight resulting in you missing the international flight means you are simply a no show and will have to buy a new expensive ticket.

If possible it would be better to buy the internal flight with AA as they have a policy of treated separately ticketed AA flights as through tickets meaning your connection is protected in the event of delays or cancellations.

aa.com/i18n/…oneworld_tkt_policy.jsp

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can anyone advise regarding Budgetair/American Airlines?

If you want to join Aadvantage, simply sign up on AA's webpage, and that will create an account for you.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can anyone advise regarding Budgetair/American Airlines?

Thanks guys... I appreciate the advice! We have some planning to do!! :)

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
13,570 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can anyone advise regarding Budgetair/American Airlines?

"If you want to join Aadvantage, simply sign up on AA's webpage, and that will create an account for you."

That's actually another good way to see your flight. AAdvantage is American's frequent flier program. If you sign up there, they'll assign you an account number. If you give that to Budgetair and tell them to attach it to your reservation, you should then be able to pull up your itinerary through your AAdvantage account.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
5,650 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can anyone advise regarding Budgetair/American Airlines?

Check your itinerary and see if by chance AA's record locator is on there. AA uses the Sabre GDS so their record locator (or PNR) will consist of 6 random alphabetical only characters.

9. Re: Can anyone advise regarding Budgetair/American Airlines?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2015, 06:16