We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryanair, and the urgent need for an Internet Cafe

minstrelbhoy
Level Contributor
24 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Ryanair, and the urgent need for an Internet Cafe

Now that Ryanair for customers who do not book seats can only print their boarding passes SEVEN days before EACH flight, means that if you are going for more than seven days you will now require to print your (return) boarding pass whilst on holiday, thus the need for many people to find an internet café to the job for them, so just wondering if there are any reliable internet cafes around Montemar or the surrounding area, as I and many others would hate to give in to Ryanair with their constant penny pinching methods.

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,452 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ryanair, and the urgent need for an Internet Cafe

There used to be one near the Baracuda hotel and there was also one in La Carihuela, not far from the Palm Beach apartments, not sure if its still there though I'm afraid. You could ask the reception where you are staying.

Here's a link to a recent thread with a couple of others:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187440-i353-k73…

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,357 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ryanair, and the urgent need for an Internet Cafe

Hopefully one in Montemar, certainly one down side of las palomas hotel in the Carihuela area, 15 minutes away.

Charges 1 euro an hour and 1 euro A4 print, open 7 days a week 9am to 8pm.

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ryanair, and the urgent need for an Internet Cafe

There is an excellent internet Cafe on Calle Salvador Allende (the road that runs right through Montemar).

If you're standing with your back to the Ivy Restaurant then walk to the left and when you reach the crossroads you'll see it on the other side of the road - been there years.

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,357 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ryanair, and the urgent need for an Internet Cafe

Good shout MKB, knew there must be one in the area. Just shows I walk with my eyes closed.

minstrelbhoy
Level Contributor
24 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ryanair, and the urgent need for an Internet Cafe

Thanks for the prompt reply will be heading there mid June and mid September..can't wait.

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ryanair, and the urgent need for an Internet Cafe

Hi Ian :)

I remembered it as I've known them for years :) Mid May and Mid September, perfect times to go - have fun!!

Blackpool
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ryanair, and the urgent need for an Internet Cafe

If you book through the Ryanair web site you have the option of only choosing (and paying the charge) your seat on the return journey only.

Not sure how long it will be before the rules are changed yet again and you will be forced to book (and pay for) the seats both ways.

I did hear a rumour that someone was setting up shops for printing boarding passes but they were still going to charge £10 the same as Ryanair seat booking fee

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,728 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ryanair, and the urgent need for an Internet Cafe

It seems perfectly reasonable to me that now seats can be reserved the non-reserved can't check-in until seven days beforehand, this is standard practice throughout the industry.

It is 2014, not the early 1990s, finding somewhere with the internet and a printer is hardly difficult these days.

I have flown to many places with Ryanair, and seen lots of places in Europe I could never have afforded to otherwise. Never once have I had an unfair charge by them.

There again I do read and check, rather than make assumptions, forget to print boarding passes, try and get on with overweight luggage etc., etc. I really don't see why I should pay for these people.

Carry on Mr O'Leary, you're doing fine.

Blackpool
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ryanair, and the urgent need for an Internet Cafe

Nosoyguiri

You seem to be out of touch with the real world

You said:

"It seems perfectly reasonable to me that now seats can be reserved the non-reserved can't check-in until seven days beforehand, this is standard practice throughout the industry."

It is not standard practice throughout the industry at all. Scheduled airlines let you choose your seats free of charge at the time of booking the flight and Ryanair IS a scheduled airline - not charter!

Other airlines allow you to print off your boarding passes up to 30 days in advance whether you have picked your seats or had them allocated. (eg Easyjet).

The rules on Ryanair have changed quite a few times over the last 8 months.

Mr O'leary keeps changing the rules in order to extract more money from his passengers.

"It is 2014, not the early 1990s, finding somewhere with the internet and a printer is hardly difficult these days."

Why should we have to go to the trouble of finding an internet cafe and a printer?

"I have flown to many places with Ryanair, and seen lots of places in Europe I could never have afforded to otherwise. Never once have I had an unfair charge by them."

"There again I do read and check, rather than make assumptions, forget to print boarding passes, try and get on with overweight luggage etc., etc. I really don't see why I should pay for these people."

You are not paying for these other people, you are just paying for you and there again many of the trips that you made were almost certainly under the old rules.

If people forget to print their boarding passes or have overweight luggage, then fair enough charge them.

Those of us who do have more than 2 brain cells that work together buy the electronic digital scales to make sure that we are within the allowed weights.

Where people do get caught out is being mislead by the shops when they buy their cases/bags.

Many buy bags which are marked as allowed airline cabin bags which are actually oversize for Ryanair and some of the other airlines. Ryanair have deliberately made their regulation size much smaller so that it is an excuse to make more money out of people.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,728 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ryanair, and the urgent need for an Internet Cafe

Fly with someone else then.