We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Virgin reward miles?

Sittingbourne...
Level Contributor
139 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Virgin reward miles?

I've booked flights with virgin for my family of ten. I'm considering joining virgins loyalty scheme but will I be able to earn miles on their flights too?

How quickly do the miles add up? For example, any ideas on what I could get for ten return flights to orlando?

Thanks

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,832 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Virgin reward miles?

Check the website

virgin-atlantic.com/gb/…earn-miles.html

You won't earn miles on all the 10 flights you've booked - each passenger earns miles on the flights flown.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Virgin reward miles?

It's been said before, but I'll say it again - it's a frequent flyer, not a frequent buyer, programme :-)

So, you can look up what you'd get for 10 flights but that presumably is some years off ?

Sittingbourne...
Level Contributor
139 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Virgin reward miles?

First time on this forum so wouldn't have seen other posts. Just asking as was not clear on website and wanted clarification. Thanks anyway.

Sittingbourne...
Level Contributor
139 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Virgin reward miles?

What is the idea of gifting or transferring the miles?

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Virgin reward miles?

First time on this forum so wouldn't have seen other posts.

-------

No criticism was implied it was just an observation or a way of thinking about them. Though you could have used the search function.

Re gifting miles,you'll find it costs money, so if your idea was that each person then gifted you their miles, that's unlikely to work out either :-)

What you could try is, you join, and then refer them, you earn miles for each person who flies after they are referred and join.

6. Re: Virgin reward miles?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2015, 06:16