We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BDL-LAS - so expensive!!

Springfield...
14 posts
Save Topic
BDL-LAS - so expensive!!

DH and I are going to Vegas May 18-23 (hotel is already booked)... I've been getting air fare alerts for months now and have been procrastinating on booking in the hopes that prices would go down or I'd catch a lucky break on a random day...

Needless to say, prices haven't gone down (rookie mistake, I suppose)... so my question is... do I cut my losses and just book now (looking at roughly $1500, even with 2 stops / 13+ hr flight) or hold out and push my luck, hoping there'll be a drop in price at random one day soon?

I'm afraid if I keep waiting, it's just going to keep going up (though there has been fluctuation day-to-day) and I'm gonna be paying $2000+ just to get to Vegas...

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
5,810 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: BDL-LAS - so expensive!!

If you can come back a day later, there's a $271.00p/p O/W fare available on SWA. Of course, part of that will be eaten up by hotel costs, but it could save some money. As noted by others, lowest outbound fare is going to run you $548.00 p/p unless there's a sale or a cancellation.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
51,279 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: BDL-LAS - so expensive!!

If you are still committed on going and returning on these fixed dates, you better buy now.

On paper as of this moment, the cheapest direct is out of EWR on UA for $570 including taxes. Your savings would be eaten up by the drive though. From BDL, the direct costs around $650 including taxes. Both prices per person.

Look on Matrix ITA and make a decision. The longer you wait, the more expensive fares are likely to become.

Illinois
Level Contributor
16,520 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: BDL-LAS - so expensive!!

If I'm looking at your dates right, they don't include a Sat night. I've seen that be a requirement for some of the cheaper fares. For the 17-24, I see $617 RT per person on Delta. For the 18-24, I see $649 RT PP on Delta.

For your actual dates, I see $754 RT PP on US Airways. I don't know if that's cheaper than 2 one way flights on Southwest. (Southwest doesn't show up on ITA Matrix).

Here's the ITA Matrix website for searching flights: http://matrix.itasoftware.com/

Then you need to go to the airline website to purchase.

Cape May, New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,292 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: BDL-LAS - so expensive!!

Book it now! I'm so used to vacation travel, when I recently had a family emergency, had to book that day. Cost was $880. RT for PHL to St. Louis. Jeeeeez, That could have been a week in the Caribbean at that price. I'm not used to those last-minute fares, if even available. That was the problem, finding availability.

15. Re: BDL-LAS - so expensive!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2015, 05:16