We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Return flights from UK to LA keep rising?

buel10
Level Contributor
373 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Return flights from UK to LA keep rising?

Hi,

Im looking to book a return flight from UK (ideally Manchester) to LAX next Thursday but the price seems to be steadily rising over the last four days. Is this normal and will it continue, please?

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Return flights from UK to LA keep rising?

Yes it is normal, from about 60 days before the flight that's generally what happens.. So you should have booked about two or more months ago to get best prices.

Did you think that last minute prices would be at a big discount to fill up empty seats? If so, it doesn't work that way at all (it used to perhaps 30 years ago)

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Return flights from UK to LA keep rising?

You are flying next Thursday and have left it this late to book? Wow.

Edited: 02 May 2014, 08:49
uk
Level Contributor
2,686 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Return flights from UK to LA keep rising?

I read it as they were wanting to book it it next Thursday not fly next Thursday, or surely they would have booked it the second day the prices went up?

Deb

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Return flights from UK to LA keep rising?

Why would you look to book next Thursday in particular? Seems almost certain they are looking to fly next Thursday., not book. If they are looking say for a flight in 3 months time it's fairly unlikely the price for that will be rising each day.

uk
Level Contributor
2,686 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Return flights from UK to LA keep rising?

Who knows Joe maybe it is payday or something, would be more helpful if the OP came back and said, but if it is next Thursday they want to fly thats going to be expensive!

Deb

znojmo
Level Contributor
467 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Return flights from UK to LA keep rising?

I can see flights from England to Los Angeles leaving next thursday and returning a few weeks later for around 550gbp. Is that expensive? Doesnt sound too bad.

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Return flights from UK to LA keep rising?

Confusing OP. If you are to book next Thursday for a future journey what exactly are your dates of travel?

Edited: 02 May 2014, 09:20
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,860 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Return flights from UK to LA keep rising?

From OPs other thread "I am planning on flying in to LAX on the 8th May to attend an event at the Westin hotel "

so it does look like they are wanting to fly on Thursday

uk
Level Contributor
2,686 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Return flights from UK to LA keep rising?

"Hi,

I am planning on flying in to LAX on the 8th May to attend an event at the Westin hotel (I assume there is only one?) for a few days but it is too expensive for me to stay there for three nights.

Two of my options are the Vagabond Inn which is $89 a night or the Pasadena Inn which is slightly more.

Please can I ask which is closer to the Westin?

Thank you all."

OP post

Deb

Edited: 02 May 2014, 09:24
buel10
Level Contributor
373 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Return flights from UK to LA keep rising?

Wow! Give me a chance you guys, ;)

Sorry for the confusion, yes fly next thursday. I have left it this late due to circumstances beyond my control. Also, if it was down to a payday issue then i wouldn't be going if things were that tight. Phew!

I didn't think it would be cheaper last minute, i was just surprised at how it's seemingly jumping £30ish a day.....better book tonight then,

Thank you for the help.

One more thing if I may? I am very naive when it comes to journey times but i see that leaving on sunday 11th in the afternoon on, say, a 12 hour flight gets me in the UK on Monday morning, I take it this is due to the 8 hour time difference? Im sure I seen that some flights on the Sunday would get me back on the Tuesday? Blimey!