We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alitalia: Letter to Customer Service re Flight AZ610, April

Alitalia: Letter to Customer Service re Flight AZ610, April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 May 2014, 16:47
London, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Alitalia: Letter to Customer Service re Flight AZ610, April

I'm not really sure what your complaining about here?

Passengers were seriously ill and 1 died? Alitalia cabin crew won't be trained doctors or nurses, they will have basic training to give assistance though. Understandably not qualified for serious incidents.

Or the plane was dirty that they sent as a replacement? Which in the big scheme of things is really not that big a deal.

A lack of information? Most airlines in a situation like this will have to make things up as they go along. Would you expect an airline to have a back up plan for every single flight if it has to land due to a medical emergency.

You got home. Your alive and in good health. Your in a better situation than the other unfortunate passengers who didn't.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
63,939 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alitalia: Letter to Customer Service re Flight AZ610, April

IF the purpose of your letter is to vent your frustration then you have done a good job.

IF you have any other purpose then I don't see it???:

You certainly don't really expect Alitalia to bother sending you an apology when you've said you won't fly with them again??

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
42,521 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alitalia: Letter to Customer Service re Flight AZ610, April

Unfortunately Elise, anybody who has a terrible experience with airlines not caring for their customers who come here to complain about it, never get any sympathy from the regular crowd on this forum. so don't waste your time on TA with this issue.

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alitalia: Letter to Customer Service re Flight AZ610, April

Did you actually want them to respond to this? The letter would have hit the bottom of the garbage bin as soon as you called them crusty and smelly if not before.

Yeah you had a delay, unfortunate, but you made it home safe unlike the poor fella whose delay was a permanent one.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
22,474 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alitalia: Letter to Customer Service re Flight AZ610, April

There is a time and a place to complain about things. This forum is neither of those in this case (and especially when it is so badly written).

I do feel for the deceased and ill gentlemen and their familiies. Hopefully they won't see this. They've suffered enough.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
42,521 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Alitalia: Letter to Customer Service re Flight AZ610, April

@parklandwalk - not everybody's first language on TA is English. Same at Alitalia I guess.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,568 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Alitalia: Letter to Customer Service re Flight AZ610, April

Elise, what did you want them to do, tip the corpse out of the door so it did not inconvenience you?

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Alitalia: Letter to Customer Service re Flight AZ610, April

This is terribly written, what exactly is the complaint?

It's either:

There was rubbish in the seat pockets

You only got five euros for food,

There was poor communications ( understandable, someone just fricken died)

Staff are not trained to deal with a very serious medical emergency ( are you kidding me? Of course they are not, they are cabin crew)

I hate Alitalia, but I actually can't work out what happened here other than two people got ill, someone died on the plane after it plunged, and you were delayed and wanted more money for food than you got. Now you also want your fare back because of it.??

Is that really what you are basically writing? Is it?

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Alitalia: Letter to Customer Service re Flight AZ610, April

@parklandwalk - not everybody's first language on TA is English. Same at Alitalia I guess.

====================

Her English is ok. For me it is the content. The constant sniping that should never be included in a letter of complaint.

'Alitalia, you are a disgrace', 'thoroughly crusty, smelly customer service record'. 'NEVER AGAIN'.

What's the point of that? Especially if you want a refund of fares.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,372 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Alitalia: Letter to Customer Service re Flight AZ610, April

Cruel and selfish, beyond belief (and should anyone be in any doubt I'm talking about the OP and not the staff at Alitalia, who would have felt the same sadness and distress in this tragic situation).

The accusation that Alitalia staff were using a death as cover for a tech fault is particularly vile.

And as for standing at a distance - when there are trained medical professionals on board, the best thing for everyone else to do is stand out of the way, unless directed to help.

Edited: 02 May 2014, 15:37