We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

air malta to israel

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
62 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
air malta to israel

I was trying to book a flight directly with airmalta on their website, no such option (they don't have ben gurion airport on the airport list). I know they don't have an office in israel but there are flights from tel aviv. Does anyone know why can it be done only with a third party (travel agent - usually expensive)? Any other options to purchase a ticket directly? Thanks...

Trondheim, Norway
Destination Expert
for Trondheim
Level Contributor
4,306 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: air malta to israel

According to the wiki-pages of both Air Malt and Ben Gurion Airport the route is active, but according to the webpage of Malta Airport: " Route currently not in operation."

From what I can gather Air Malta operates chartered flights from some Israeli tour operators, you might check with them if they sell just seats or if it's all package holidays - http://www.eshet-tours.com and http://www.kishrey-teufa.co.il/

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
62 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: air malta to israel

Thanks! I know that it is possible to order tickets for flights and packages via travel agent, and the route is 100% active, I flew there last year. It's still possible to fly there, but you still can't order the tickets directly. I just don't understand why they don't sell tickets to the end user directly, it doesn't make any sense. And I suppose it could be cheaper.....

Trondheim, Norway
Destination Expert
for Trondheim
Level Contributor
4,306 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: air malta to israel

If the flights are chartered by the Israeli travel companies then the flight is theirs to sell. They have paid Air Malta for rental of an aircraft and staff so all the seats are for the travel company to sell - Air Malta can't sell a single seat on such a flight.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
62 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: air malta to israel

That's probably the case! Thank you for the info.

1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: air malta to israel

Hi,

I am looking to book flights of AIR MALTA from TLV to Malta... I see you tried the same few months ago. Did you manage to succeed?

Thanks,

Gil

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
62 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: air malta to israel

No, it seems like there is really no option ticketing with air Malta directly from Tel Aviv to Malta. Only via various travelling agencies. Of course it is not cheap and it seems that those flights (and packages) are getting more expensive each year.

7. Re: air malta to israel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2016, 06:17