We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flight compensation

fife
Level Contributor
562 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
flight compensation

Sorry if this has been posted before. Im just wondering if anyone has experience of claiming compensation for a delayed flight? In 2010 we (family of 5) were delayed by 18 hours from lanzarote to Manchester. Problem is I cant find flight numbers/boarding passes etc and no idea how I would go about finding them. Any advice much appreciated. Thanks

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,584 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: flight compensation

You can look for flight numbers on www.flightstats.com. Not sure how you expect anyone to help you find your boarding passes though. If you have an email confirmation of your booking that should be enough.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
3,111 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: flight compensation

Register for Flightstats then seatch by the route and date

Use the link in "Top Questions about Air Travel" for details of the actual claim process

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: flight compensation

Lots of people have successfully claimed compensation. Some are unsuccessful. Some airlines pay upon claim, others wait until it gets to court. What was the reason for the delay? Do you remember actual dates of travel?

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: flight compensation

Your flight confirmation may have a ticket #, as well as a confirmation #.

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: flight compensation

I'm curious as to why you have decided to take action after 4 years? (you are perfectly entitled to) as looking at your profile you have done a lot of flying in between

Edited: 05 May 2014, 20:52
fife
Level Contributor
562 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: flight compensation

Thanks very much for the advice. I don't have the confirmation email as I cleared my email account some time after with all the details. I was just unsure if Thomson would provide me with these details? (Im guessing not!) I genuinely never realised people claimed for this untilspeaking to a friend-hence the 4year delay. All we were told was that it was a technical problem

Edited: 05 May 2014, 20:58
Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
29,514 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: flight compensation

It wasn't possible to claim until October 2012 anyway. The Sturgeon ruling for flight delay compensation was appealed (and hence stayed, in other words not enforced) until the appeal was heard and rejected.

www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx…

Birmingham
Level Contributor
219 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: flight compensation

We too are fighting for compensation and have just been told by the CAA to take further action as there is nothing more than can do on our behalf. You do not need to supply boarding passes when claiming. Thomson are constantly changing their reasons for delays ! So small claims court is the next step for us. Our delay was for 15hrs and 35 mins

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
19,447 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: flight compensation

"You do not need to supply boarding passes when claiming."

Having never done a claim I'd still assume you'd need to prove somehow you were on board a delayed flight.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: flight compensation

Having never done a claim I'd still assume you'd need to prove somehow you were on board a delayed flight.

=====

I've read here several times that the airline needs to prove you weren't.