We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is 2.5 hours enough for connecting flights in Auckland?

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Is 2.5 hours enough for connecting flights in Auckland?

I am arriving at Auckland on Air New Zealand at 10am and planning to catch the 12:20pm domestic flight by Jetstar to Christchurch. Is it a big enough window for that please? Thanks a lot!

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
33,349 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Is 2.5 hours enough for connecting flights in Auckland?

One ticket or separate tickets? If the former then you wouldn't have been allowed to book it, if the latter then it doesn't leave much time for delays

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
12,988 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is 2.5 hours enough for connecting flights in Auckland?

Yes its plenty of time. AKL airport is tiny and very efficient IME.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is 2.5 hours enough for connecting flights in Auckland?

I see... They are separate tickets~ I guess it'll be a close gamble that there isn't any delay for the international flight then...But I won't be checking in any bags so maybe that'll help. Anyway, thanks so much for the replies!

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
6,214 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is 2.5 hours enough for connecting flights in Auckland?

I am sure you will be fine if you land on time. Auckland airport is very small.

Aberdeen, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
358 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is 2.5 hours enough for connecting flights in Auckland?

But it takes forever to get through immigration when they only put 1 person on the non-NZ/Aus side as we found out on our holiday last year.

6. Re: Is 2.5 hours enough for connecting flights in Auckland?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2015, 06:17