We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

KL to Perth Air Asia

Perth
Level Contributor
743 posts
112 reviews
Save Topic
KL to Perth Air Asia

Air Asia has cancelled a number of it's daytime flights from Perth to KL and KL to Perth during this month.

It is very disappointing that they have given such short notice and advise it is for commercial reasons which means they couldn't care less about their customers.

It is really no more reliable than it was when it first started up.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: KL to Perth Air Asia

G'day PegususPerth,

trust you are doing fine.

Yep, AAX had only been mentioning commercial reasons. Earlier, a few of your countrymen and women had also expressed their disappointment,as understandably it does jeopardise with one's prearranged travel itinerary.

Maybe it is time to elevate it to ACCC and have ACCC to approach AAX on a more conclusive rationale than just commercial reasons. Remembered how ACCC slapped a fine on them for their misleading fares advertisements.

Even on their flight schedule,for the flight KUL to PER-D7236, the departure time should be stated as 00:05 instead of 12:05,as they are using 24hours timing--to put 12:05 can mislead people to think it departs at 5minutes after noon,and gosh,arriving into PER at 0535hrs.

Whilst AAX announced for first quarter of this year, they have a load factor of 85.8 against a huge 60% increase in ASK.ASK is the available seat kilometers.

I can only perceive their CASK,that is cost per ASK,has gone up-the commercial reasons,and more so against their last quarter pre-tax loss of RM170.39 million,which for the financial year end of last year,posted pre-tax loss of RM212.98 million.

So I guess they are addressing this before they further bleed,more so with move to KLIA2,and what additional charges are imposed on them by MAHB with the use of aerobridge,the use of the new runway(RWY3- 15/33) which is served by the world's tallest ATC,and also how long MAHB maintain the present PSC before they increase it.

Correctly said, addressing it sometimes at expense and inconveniences of passengers..more so at short notice.

Edited: 07 May 2014, 03:59
Bowraville...
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: KL to Perth Air Asia

mKiaratravel,

since you are very knowledgable in the area, what is the cancelation rate from/to Gold Coast (or where can I find the info). I fly out in 2 weeks and it would be nice to be prepared in the event of a cancelation.

Thanks for your advice,

Claire

Perth
Level Contributor
743 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: KL to Perth Air Asia

I'm doing good thanks MKiaraTravel

They are not helping themselves by being unreliable. I am sorry I booked with them now as I've been flying with Jetstar as often as possible but I got sucked in with their low costs. I haven't seen such cheap fares for a long time, but now I feel they just want to get the flights booked and they'll choose their own times to fly..

Air Asia were doing this several years ago and it caused big problems for many people. I hope that there won't be anyone turning up at the airport not knowing their flight has been cancelled. Last time it took several days to get back to Perth because flights were full.

I had only just booked a night at their Tune Hotel KLIA2 and it can't be cancelled.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: KL to Perth Air Asia

Hi Claire

well the policy of AirAsia when it comes to flight cancellation are

1). they put you on the next available flight with no additional charges-but should there be arrangement for accommodation/meals--sadly left at passengers' own devices;

2). retaining the value of ticket as credit shell,and this value is valid for three(3) months to book flights within their flight calendar.

3). Refund which could take a month or longer using their E-Form.

When there is such cancellation, they send an email which provides a link to their FIS(Flight Interruption System)

However, am hoping the best and optimistically your flights out from/to Gold Coast will go as planned and wishing you safe and pleasant journey and a great holiday in Malaysia.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: KL to Perth Air Asia

Hi PegususPerth,

given the circumstance, re the one night in TuneHotelKLIA2, possibly give a tweet to mark lankester (@mark_lankester)-the Group CEO of Tune Hotel.

He is a reasonable gentleman,am sure he could work out something for you to reschedule your accommodation

Perth
Level Contributor
743 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: KL to Perth Air Asia

Thanks for the advice mKiaratravel. Our layover time will be about 7 hours with a midnight flight back to Perth. Hubby said it would be nice to keep the room instead of staying in the airport. There are special rates at the moment and the cost was about $45.

7. Re: KL to Perth Air Asia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2015, 06:16