We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Small Planet Airlines

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Small Planet Airlines

Does anyone know the UK address for Small Planet Airlines. We are taking Legal action against them for our cancelled flight and a disgraceful service.

Edited: 07 May 2014, 13:27
Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
36,227 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Small Planet Airlines

Presumably, in the first instance, you will write to the same address as you've sent the rest of your correspondence with them to? Or have you been down that route and got nowhere? As far as I know it's their address in Warsaw that you need, which is on their website.

Edited: 07 May 2014, 13:43
London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
14,604 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Small Planet Airlines

See if its mentioned in any of these postings:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k54112…

corfu
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Small Planet Airlines

Small Planet Airlines. I am due to fly with you again this year through Olympic Holidays - this is stressing me out due to the terrible ordeal with yourselves last year (I had hoped Olympic would have dumped your airline by now). Already this year people are having problems with you. What are you doing to rectify your problems i.e. contracting to fly people when you can't meet the contracts?

I emailed you last year to claim money under the EU directive but you didn't have the decency to respond.

I think maybe the only way to have any effect on your company is for all the passengers, across Europe, who have suffered due to your companies incompetency is for all of us to work together!

I am going to start the ball rolling with this by seeing which air/consumer authority we need to channel our complaints to.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
3,340 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Small Planet Airlines

<< I emailed you last year to claim money under the EU directive but you didn't have the decency to respond. >>

Many airlines take the position that if they ignore you, you will just give up

If you have a valid claim you need to follow the process and issue a NBA giving them 14 days to pau up them take them to court

corfu
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Small Planet Airlines

Hundreds of people have tried this and they just ignore them - it is unbelievable they are allowed to get away with it.

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Small Planet Airlines

My knowlege of International Aviation Law can be safely put on the back of a postage stamp (would need expert opinion) but if it was possible? all the people that had gained judgement in the small claims court were to collectively move it up to the High Court for legal enforcement, then sheriffs could civil seize an aircraft the next time it landed at a UK airport-whilst the particular aircraft may not be the outright property of SPA (leased,sub leased, chartered etc) the airline itself may have tangible assets or monies to satisfy the debt,

corfu
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Small Planet Airlines

This is what I think should happen but it is how to galvanize everyone to pull in the same direction. If nothing else it would close the airline down and stop them causing misery to even more people. I think also that companies like Olympic Holidays should have to answer to someone for using a carrier that isn't fit for purpose while KNOWING that they rarely meet their obligations. They did this with Strategic air and it went on until the airline went bust.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Small Planet Airlines

we have sent S P A an email and a recorded letter. if our claim is not dealt with in good time I assure them Legal action will follow and I will enforce the judgment to recover our our losses and compensation under EU law

but the best way to stop them is not to fly with them.

regards

722Nomad

Edited: 11 May 2014, 22:37
Prestatyn, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Small Planet Airlines

How are you getting on with your claim we were delayed in June coming back from Crete by 6 hours my hubby says they are based in Poland we are going through one of those companies no win no fee but if you win they have 25% I would be interested to know how someone else is getting on with small planet airline thank you

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Small Planet Airlines

To the best of my knowledge of the many many threads on t/a concerning SPA no one has managed to squeeze a single euro out of SPA, yes loads of CCJ's or EU equivalent but no actual money