We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying from SEA to EDI by way of CDG

Meridian, Idaho
Level Contributor
119 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Flying from SEA to EDI by way of CDG

Hi,

Flying from the States to Scotland this summer. Last time I visited Scotland, I came from SEA to LHR, and had to clear through UK immigration/customs in LHR, which took some time (lots of hiking). This summer, I'll have the wife and kids with me, so I'm hoping to avoid having to go through this process with a short turn-around for a connecting flight. If I connect through CDG instead, will that simply be a transfer from one flight to another, or will there be any immigration/customs for me in Paris?

thanks!

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,498 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying from SEA to EDI by way of CDG

Just a security check, nothing else

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,338 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying from SEA to EDI by way of CDG

Thats if there not on strike, French Air Traffic Controllers are well known for lighting strikes

next time go via Dublin

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying from SEA to EDI by way of CDG

Assume you are considering AF/Delta? not too sure short turn-around will work as CDG not the best airport to navigate for connection to EDI-don't know when exactly your intend to fly but taking two like for like dates found UA SEA-ORD-EDI was cheaper plus only 67 mins on the ground at ORD and no worries about INS/Customs until your arrive at EDI

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flying from SEA to EDI by way of CDG

I would avoid CDG.

Meridian, Idaho
Level Contributor
119 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flying from SEA to EDI by way of CDG

Thanks everyone... We're traveling at the end of July (originating in Boise, ID). I'm still shopping for flights, trying to balance out connivence vs price. I'd prefer Delta for frequent flyer miles, and for my family (6 of us, starting and ending in Boise) Delta is the least expensive option. But, it sounds like CDG would still be a hassle. There's another option connecting through LHR that's a bit more expensive, but sounds like a better option. I've connected through LHR before and found it pretty simple, but a lot of hiking. We'd have 3 hours, though, so maybe that's the best route...

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flying from SEA to EDI by way of CDG

Prices look roughly the same and it makes sense because of the FF miles even though it's multi stop but would avoid CDG as if it's your intention to travel right on the cusp of August? please remember it's the traditional start to the French holidays and all train stations/airports are packed to the rafters, UA still offer a one stop from BOI via ORD but 45mins connect time is way too thin for a party of six IMHO and the earlier flight means hanging around for six hours plus!

Edited: 08 May 2014, 16:02
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
35,629 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flying from SEA to EDI by way of CDG

Can't you fly via Amsterdam?

seattle
Level Contributor
1,101 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Flying from SEA to EDI by way of CDG

If you can give up on the FF miles check out Icelandair.

Dallas, Georgia
Level Contributor
201 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flying from SEA to EDI by way of CDG

I took Delta a few months ago to Dublin via CDG. Our plane landed, we had to walk a good amount to the train. That took us to outside of there TSA, but not the outside of the area, to have our paperwork checked. We put our carry on bags on the belt and we were thru security. No one even looked at us. All very fast.

10. Re: Flying from SEA to EDI by way of CDG

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2015, 05:16