We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomsons Holidays UK to Mayan Riviera - Questions...

Liverpool
Level Contributor
13 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Thomsons Holidays UK to Mayan Riviera - Questions...

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could advise a reasonably priced private transfer from Cancun Airport to the Mayan Riviera? With Thomsons I have a shuttle transfer included but heard negative things about this? Any info/ advice appreciated.

Also, I have called Thomson and requested seats, which I have been 'granted', I have since been sent a booking receipt - Am I right in thinking that these seats are 100% reserved now? As I have heard in the past people have done this and not got their desired seats (If it helps I have paid for extra space)

Many Thanks

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
38,923 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomsons Holidays UK to Mayan Riviera - Questions...

Seats are never guaranteed, but are usually only changed for operational reasons. With regards to transfers you'd probably be better asking that question on the relevant destination forum.

Ayr, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomsons Holidays UK to Mayan Riviera - Questions...

Can recommend USA transfers - we used them last year from Cancun airport to and from Gran Bahia Sian Kaan. I would honestly never get a shared transfer again. Private transfer was stress-free and not only was the journey quick but you don't need to hang about at the airport for all the latecomers.

Just make sure you tell Thomson's rep at airport so they don't wait for you.

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
42,319 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomsons Holidays UK to Mayan Riviera - Questions...

As Leyland mentioned seats are usually only changed for operational reasons.

Check -in online for guaranteed confirmation of seats.........When you check in online for Mexico it is slightly different instead of getting a boarding pass you get a confirmation of check in document, as opposed to a boarding pass. It still means you've checked in and baggage, seats etc are confirmed. You take your confirmation of check in document to a Thomson bag drop desk, and they will swap it for your boarding passes.

Angie.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
13 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomsons Holidays UK to Mayan Riviera - Questions...

Thank you Angie, this is very helpful.

Helshaw2002, Cheers for the recommendation, I will look have a look at their prices...hopefully, it is not to expensive.

Thomson's have a company on their site called Holidaytaxis.com - seems reasonably priced, has anyone used this before?

Ayr, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomsons Holidays UK to Mayan Riviera - Questions...

From memory, I think it was around 120 US dollars return. Canadian transfers are mentioned a lot on the Cancun forum as being cheaper though.

Wirral
Level Contributor
143 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomsons Holidays UK to Mayan Riviera - Questions...

I used it last year-and again for this year!-its not the cheapest,but I was happy with the service provided! They took us to GBPAkumal,in around 1 hour-a heck of a lot quicker than the bus transfer!-very stress free!-and the same on our return! Have a great holiday!!!

Ayr, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thomsons Holidays UK to Mayan Riviera - Questions...

Just checked - was 135. Pay driver on arrival, tip not included.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
218 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thomsons Holidays UK to Mayan Riviera - Questions...

Hi there. We used this firm for our transfer to the el dorado seaside suites last year. Taxi had seen better days and only one seat belt in the back was working. The driver was very nice but I wouldn't rush to use them again. This was our third time booking transfers through Thomson and the first time we had been disappointed with the service.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
13 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thomsons Holidays UK to Mayan Riviera - Questions...

Thanks Helshaw2002 and Chriss52!

bannocks, Thanks, that is where we have booked EDSS, did you enjoy it? we have heard great things!

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thomsons Holidays UK to Mayan Riviera - Questions...

Try Canada Transfers. They have new vehicles and have been cheaper than the others (I have used many and now prefer them). They have free water in the vehicle and you can pre order beer or Coronas for $1 each.