We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomson Flight - 30 May ... when will I know our seats

Scotland, UK
8 posts
Save Topic
Thomson Flight - 30 May ... when will I know our seats

Hi,

I fly exactly 3 weeks tomorrow with Thomson and i was given the impression that i could do something 3 weeks before I fly, however, when I go online and look at the options, the only thing available is to "check in" but it's 1 week before I fly.

I have chosen NOT to pay for the select your seat option and I was hoping i'd be able to see what seats we have been allocated. Does anyone know when / or is this possible?

I know i can check in 7 days prior and print my boarding pass and it will state whether my party have seats together. I'm hoping we do, we are a family of 2 adults and 2 children (1 being an infant) so will be on my knee but i dread to think they will sit my husband and small child away from us. But then again, i refuse to pay for select our seats when we've only got 3 weeks to go and all the best seats will be taken already!!! Dilemma!!!! Stress! Worry!

Advice appreciated, thank you.

Level Contributor
61 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomson Flight - 30 May ... when will I know our seats

I think you will know when you check in. We were a le to check in 14 days beforehand as we paid to select a seat

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
36,032 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomson Flight - 30 May ... when will I know our seats

You'll only know which seats you've been allocated when you check in. The system allocates them out of the remaining non pre-booked seats. If sitting together is important then you're best pre-booking. The best seats may have gone, but providing there are still seats left together you will be seated together. The online seating plan shows which seats are suitable for adult and lap infant.

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
8,654 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomson Flight - 30 May ... when will I know our seats

If everyone chooses to pay to reserve seat, yes you could be seated apart. If it's important that you sit together why on earth don't you do it. Choosing not to pay is your choice so you have to accept the consequences of not paying.

Call me an old grumpy but if I've paid to reserve my seats I would not change with you.

There are reports on this forum of families who choose not to reserve have been separated.

Sorry to be harsh but if you are stressing pay!

Edited: 08 May 2014, 15:50
Madeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Funchal, Madeira, Madeira Islands
Level Contributor
10,041 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomson Flight - 30 May ... when will I know our seats

Having a lap child could make a difference as you will have to be in a seat which has two oxygen masks, so it may be best to pay and make sure you get that.

Surbiton
Level Contributor
1,997 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomson Flight - 30 May ... when will I know our seats

i refuse to pay for select our seats when we've only got 3 weeks to go and all the best seats will be taken already!!!

==============================================

We're also flying on the 30th, and yesterday I had a look at the seat reservations (mainly to see whether anyone had yet booked the window seat on our row).

Although the first 10 or so rows were pretty heavily booked, the remaining 30 or so rows had hardy any seats reserved.

It depends what you mean by the 'best' seats, but if you feel they're probably all taken already, you're not going to improve the situation by waiting two more weeks.

Can you look at what seats are available before you have to commit yourself? Log into your API, etc, page, and see if the "Select your seat" option is working. If seats you'd like are available, then book them. Compared to the cost of a holiday, the cost is minimal and you won't need to worry any more.

Scotland, UK
8 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomson Flight - 30 May ... when will I know our seats

Smudge99 .. I would never expect nor ask you to change seats with me, perhaps you read my email incorrectly.

Thanks to everyone else, appreciated. I was under the impression i could see 3 weeks beforehand what seats were allocated to us and if we were seated apart we could then pay to be seated together, however, on further research, I now realise this option is only available 7 days prior to departure i.e. at check in stage.

I will check in in a few weeks and fingers crossed we're together, if not, there are plenty of available seats and I can pay then to change. I've travelled for the last 5 years as a family with small children and have never been seperated, however, that said, i'm hoping my luck doesn't run out this year.

Thanks for your advice / taking time our to reply, grumpy or not, appreciated. HAPPY HOLS EVERYONE x

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
8,654 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thomson Flight - 30 May ... when will I know our seats

OP, glad you wouldn't expect anyone to change but there have been past posts where people have expected others to change with them. So was just pointing that out.

I suppose I just can't understand if something is important why you don't pay. If you dread the flight surely it's a small cost compared with the holiday. Hope you haven't got a long flight with and infant on your lap!

Enjoy your holiday.

8. Re: Thomson Flight - 30 May ... when will I know our seats

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2015, 06:17