We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Check in times

Stirling, United...
6 posts
Save Topic
Check in times

Hi, I'm looking for some advice on gatwick airport. I'm flying to kenya in August but need to fly from Glasgow to gatwick first. I also need to book the tickets down asap as every time I look they go up :(. So the flight from Glasgow arrives in gatwick at 15.35 and the departure flight to kenya is 18.45. Is this sufficient time to land get our bags and check in to international lounge. On the website it says 2 hours for international flights which would give us time but on checking forums it says 3 hours which wouldn't be possible. Thanks in advance

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Check in times

KLM fly to Kenya from EDI?

Stirling, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Check in times

I meant package holiday wise, or my searching skills aren't up to scratch :)

Aberdeen, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Check in times

You can do a package trip with BA - britishairways.com/en-gb/…kenya

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Check in times

I would factor in 1 hour for your baggage to come off...they have the target times and performance and an hour seems to be about the average. Last time I travelled to Gatwick 6 of us stood waiting on bags for 55 mins...it seems it is renowned for it

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,954 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Check in times

You may have to transfer from one terminal to another but it shouldn't take too long.

You should be OK if things go to plan.

I personally wouldn't risk it if meant possibly losing a holiday to Kenya.

I'd rather sit in the airport and know that I'd made my holiday flight.

16. Re: Check in times

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2015, 06:17