We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport Ideas Needed: Istanbul - Amman - Dubai - Mumbai

Vancouver
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Transport Ideas Needed: Istanbul - Amman - Dubai - Mumbai

Hello Tripadvisor Community!

My girlfriend and I are embarking on a round-the-world travel starting in early June. We like flexibility, therefore we are not using a RTW ticket. We will spend June, July, and August exploring Europe and staying with friends. In September, we would like to explore the middle-east for a few weeks before making our way to India.

I am familiar with traveling in Europe, and got a few ideas about Asia from friends who have been there. However, I am unfamiliar with traveling and getting around in the Turkey/Jordan/Middle East area.

We would like to make our way from Turkey (city flexible) to India (city flexible), stopping over in Jordan (Amman) for a week or two. What is the best way to travel through this segment?

I looked at flying with Emirates, or Turkish airlines, both of which have non-direct flights and long layovers for these destinations. Are there other airlines / modes of transportation we're missing? I was looking at this a few months ago and saw an $700 option, but can't find it anymore...

Oh! We're Canadian as well, in case that matters for VISAs etc.

Thank you for your time and help!

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport Ideas Needed: Istanbul - Amman - Dubai - Mumbai

I'd have to say you must be either rich or naive as you will end up buying walk-up fares which are likely to be several times the price of what you'd pay on a RTW ticket - there's a huge price to pay for flexibility.

Have a look at matrix for flight ideas, but also consider structuring your tour to make bigger cost savings.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport Ideas Needed: Istanbul - Amman - Dubai - Mumbai

http://matrix.itasoftware.com/

3. Re: Transport Ideas Needed: Istanbul - Amman - Dubai - Mumbai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2015, 06:17