We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Optiontown New Flightpass deal??

Penang Island...
Level Contributor
1,023 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Optiontown New Flightpass deal??

Hi

I received an email today offering a new service from Optiontown.

Not completely sure how it works. It seems that you buy a flightpass and charge it with credit (money). Armed with your credit you can then book on the participating airlines. In my case Air Asia X.

This is not the booking of the upgrade that has been operating for some time. It is the booking of the fare itself.

The blurb offers savings of up to 50%. That is where it loses me.

How does using the Optiontown search engine to find and book my AA flight get me a better deal than searching and booking directly with AA?

Looking forward to your nput and discussion.

cheers

1. Re: Optiontown New Flightpass deal??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 May 2014, 14:05
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,313 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Optiontown New Flightpass deal??

It's a pity the first post has been deleted. I see it was from Optiontown..........probably explaining how this new Flightpass works.

3. Re: Optiontown New Flightpass deal??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2015, 06:16