We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another passport question

Inishowen Donegal
Level Contributor
46 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Another passport question

Hi folks.

Traveling on Wednesday and only took the passport out to blow off the cobwebs and noticed that on it I've my maiden and married name hyphened where as my tickets have married name only.

Should I panic?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Another passport question

That will teach you for having one of those annoying hyphenated names :).

I don't think this will make any difference.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,220 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Another passport question

Depending on the countries and the airlines, it shouldn't make a difference. If you are worried, take a copy of your marriage certificate.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
41,548 posts
1,251 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Another passport question

Maybe take a copy of your marriage license with you, should a question arise?

Good luck,

Hunt

PS - My wife's US Passport has her full name (no hyphens), as does her AMEX Platinum card - First Name, Middle Name, Maiden Name, Married Name - rather long. Her UA tickets reflect the full litany of names - all of them, just like her US Passport, and major credit cards.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Another passport question

Actually, I will disagree somewhat with the other posters. First and last name on passports should match exactly with the boarding pass.

If your passport says you are jane smith-doe and your ticket says jane doe, there is a chance you will not be allowed to fly. Your surname according to your passport is smith-doe, ,,,not doe.I would phone the airline and see what it will cost to fix it. It's better to be safe than sorry,

Inishowen Donegal
Level Contributor
46 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Another passport question

Thanks for replies, waiting on call back from travel agency.

Wish me luck.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
8,135 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Another passport question

Travel Agency !!!

Good luck with that

Jackie

7. Re: Another passport question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2015, 06:16