We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Childrens meals on American Airlines?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Childrens meals on American Airlines?

Hi, does anybody know if you can book children's meals on American Airlines. I have emailed Customer relations and reservations but drawn a blank. After calling the Reservations number given to me I was told that children's meals were not available on the flight - Manchester to Chicago.

The question they couldn't answer was if there had been meals available that had already been allocated or if indeed the airline does not have children's meals.

The AA website states that no baby food is carried but has no helpful information about children's meals.

I hope someone has an answer for me......

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Childrens meals on American Airlines?

Thanks for all the info, I was definitely planning on lots of snacks

Yorktown, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Machu Picchu
Level Contributor
6,166 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Childrens meals on American Airlines?

You might find that the adult meals will be fine for the children. Most US airline meals are not too exotic.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
13,995 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Childrens meals on American Airlines?

Most airline meals are not fine for adults, let alone children. And calling them meals can be charitable. But that's another topic for discussion. If your kid is picky, bring your own food.

Banbury, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Childrens meals on American Airlines?

Have just flown with American and got different answers from crew about childrens meals, the short answer is that they do not provide food for children, apparently when they did it was peanut butter and jelly sandwiches but "hardly anyone wanted them so they do not provide them anymore" how strange....

I had already decided to bring snacks and sandwiches for my grandson in his carry on so was not particularly bothered but it does seem a strange attitude to take to fee paying customers, and that is what children, or at least their parents / grandparents are

Canada
Level Contributor
2,589 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Childrens meals on American Airlines?

#14 "They don't provide food for children". Are you suggesting children on AA flights don't get fed at all? Of course they are provided food. Children can eat the same things that adults do.

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
14,122 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Childrens meals on American Airlines?

Odd. Done lots of flying with grandchildren & did not once even think that the airline should provide children's meals. We take cheese, crackers, grapes, peanut butter, chicken salad & bread. We make sandwiches on the plane. If the airline meal is not eatable, I have something in my carry-on to please adults & children.

California
Level Contributor
4,526 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Childrens meals on American Airlines?

Annl must have meant that AA don't offer children's meals ("food for children") nowadays.

I didn't realize they did away with children's meals. European-based airlines still offer them.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
37,656 posts
958 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Childrens meals on American Airlines?

<<when they did it was peanut butter and jelly sandwiches but "hardly anyone wanted them so they do not provide them anymore" how strange....>>

I think that part of the problem is that 100% of all children now seem to have a nut allergy. Oh, and they are also Level 5 Vegans, to boot - so there go the peanuts. Also, as they are all also doing gluten-free, no bread either.

Actually, in almost exactly 50 years of flying commercial, and on many airlines, I can never recall seeing a "Children's Meal" offered. Years ago, we used to cycle through the various offerings on CO and UA (most often), trying to find something that was pretty good, but never say children's meals - then, or now. Maybe I just missed something?

Hunt

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
37,656 posts
958 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Childrens meals on American Airlines?

Busy-Retired,

It is only "Children's Meals," that are offered on some European carriers, NOT "Grandchildren's Meals... " [Grin]

Hunt

PS - sorry but could not resist.

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
5,236 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Childrens meals on American Airlines?

I'm still puzzled as to what qualifies as a 'childrens meal', and differentiates it from an 'adults meal' .