We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

OK to fold my boarding pass?

Seattle
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
9,244 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
OK to fold my boarding pass?

OK, I know this is a dumb question as I am not new to flying internationally. But I usually carry our boarding passes in my carry-on where they can stay flat and I can easily access them. This time we are checking our bags so I will have to carry the boarding passes in my purse, which is not large enough for them to stay flat. Is it OK to fold them in half, as long as the fold does not touch or come near to the bar code?

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
1,189 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: OK to fold my boarding pass?

Yes

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
16,108 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: OK to fold my boarding pass?

I've always folded mine. Whenever possible, I check in online and print it at home on a piece of paper and fold it up in my pocket. Once when I had the airport printed passes, I had the stub fall off at the perforations because it got really bent in my bag and it was no issue. I showed them at the gate and the agent printed me a new one.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
5,797 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: OK to fold my boarding pass?

There is usually enough redundancy built into the barcode that a little bit of folding will not cause a problem. If you have a smartphone (and your airport and airline do mobile boarding passes) then you might try saving the BP to your smartphone as a backup to the paper.

-JimG

Seattle
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
9,244 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: OK to fold my boarding pass?

Thank you. I will have my husband put them on his phone as a backup, "just in case."

5. Re: OK to fold my boarding pass?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2015, 07:16