We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jerairfly and Corendon Dutch airlines

Olathe, Kansas
6 posts
Save Topic
Jerairfly and Corendon Dutch airlines

I am looking at nonstop flights from Brussels to Crete and see options with 3 airlines. I am familiar with Aegean, does anyone know about Jetairfly Airline and Corendon Dutch out of Turkey? I see a lot of posts online about flights being cancelled at the last minute on some of the low-cost carriers i Europe, want to make sure that is not the case with these airlines. I cannot find much review information on them. Are they reliable airlines? Also would it be an issue in that I only speak English and bit of French. Any input would be appreciated. Traveling Sept 3, 2014. Thank you!

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jerairfly and Corendon Dutch airlines

www.airlinequality.com/Forum/jetairfly.htm

www.airlinequality.com/Forum/corendon.htm

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,188 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jerairfly and Corendon Dutch airlines

Jetairfly is a Belgium airline and part of Tui. Young fleet of 738s plus a 763 and a 788.

Waterloo, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,586 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Jerairfly and Corendon Dutch airlines

I flew a few times with Jetairfly from Brussels to Toulon.

No problem.

Besides if it is Belgian it is of course ok.

The other one being Dutch, meaning from the land of windmills....

Olathe, Kansas
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Jerairfly and Corendon Dutch airlines

Thanks so much! Looking forward to my first trip to Belgium!

Olathe, Kansas
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Jerairfly and Corendon Dutch airlines

Thank you! These 2 pages are all I could find when I searched. My concern is that there were very few reviews on these sites and the ratings were all over the board.

Olathe, Kansas
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Jerairfly and Corendon Dutch airlines

Thanks! Do you know anything about their track record in regards to on-time and cancelled flights?

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Jerairfly and Corendon Dutch airlines

I think your best bet regarding flight stability is Aegean, as it is domestic and flies regular flights to Brussels and Crete and there is little to no chance of cancellation especially during summer. I don't know about the other 2, but Aegean are also pretty punctual with very small or no delays and arrive on time at a very high rate. Also they don't cancel flights in general. Sometimes they may merge flights if they are empty e.g. afternoon with night flight in one, in which case you don't have anything more to do apart to go to the airport at the amended time.

Also they have an almost 80% capacity cover rate, and during the summer it will be pretty much full, so I don't see any chance in them cancelling the flight.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Jerairfly and Corendon Dutch airlines

From a bit searching around, JetAirFly seems a nice carrier also. It has a reasonable fleet size and seems to be expanding. The other carrier Corendon I would avoid. Although I don't know the company, it has a small fleet with some planes retiring this year, which means they are quite old. They also seem to be leasing 2-3 of the rest to other companies during winter. I wouldn't really compare it to Aegean and JetAirFly, they are a totally different class of companies with regular services, not chartered flights and with good safety records and modern fleet.

I think they are your best bet for stability and safety. I would choose Aegean, I am Greek but not because of that. It is domestic to your destination and as such is unlikely to have any sudden unexpected changes in the flight's status. Also, it has good customer service and being domestic will help you with any potential problems in the return leg. They pay hotels, and they pay you 400 euros and change your ticket for next flight IF you want, if the flight is overbooked.

Edited: 23 May 2014, 04:37
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
36,174 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jerairfly and Corendon Dutch airlines

Friends of mine had a nightmare getting back from Cuba at the weekend on Jetairfly. Flight landed in Cancun to pick up passengers Friday afternoon (local time). It developed a fault (some sensor or other on a brand new 788 dreamliner). They kept them on the plane for 8 hours whilst trying to fix it before finally disembarking when the crew hours ran out. Not entirely the airlines fault because there were Cubans on the flight the Mexican authorities have an issue with having them on Mexican soil.

Then took three hours to clear customs and immigration. Those with cuban passports were not allowed off the plane and had to spend the night there.

Was the airlines fault that they didn't provide any food or drink for 8 hours on the aircraft though. By the time they reached a hotel it was after midnight and they were being picked up at 0630.

So on to the aircraft. Another 4 hours or so before they took off. They landed in Brussels in the middle of the night, Sunday morning, so no ground transportation available and nothing offered by JAT.

They had to take a cab all the way to Amsterdam. Luckily the cab firm took some pity on them and did it for €150 as it would normally be €300 or so.

To be fair they have used JAF before a few times from BRU to Cuba and they are cheapish on that route, much cheaper than from AMS and had no issue but this time a nightmare.

They also enquired at BRU about compensation but were fobbed off with a "well we flew you back here so you are not entitled to anything". Compensation claim is already filed ;-)

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
307 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jerairfly and Corendon Dutch airlines

WIth only having the one 787 and one 767 that probably doesnt leave a lot of wriggle room when something goes wrong on a long haul route with one of them.

That being said for the route the op asked about which is shorthaul they have around 20 short haul aircraft so you would expect the chance of something that extreme happening to be small.

At least Jetairfly dont fly 757's, ive had friends a few years ago who had their Britannia/Thomson 767 subbed for a shorthaul 757 which had to make a tech stop on its way back from Florida! That wasnt a fun journey home and they were something like 32 hours late in the end!