We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hawaiian Airlines

Australia
Level Contributor
1,416 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
Hawaiian Airlines

Is there any way other than through a travel agent that i can get connecting flights(Virgin - Hawaiian) to Honolulu from Adelaide.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
61,274 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hawaiian Airlines

Virgin Australia and Hawaiian are partners. Why can't you just book the flight you want on the airline web site??

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
61,274 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hawaiian Airlines

Just to be clear go to the Virgin Australia web site to book it.

Australia
Level Contributor
1,416 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hawaiian Airlines

Yeah, no return flights available via Virgin/Hawaiian to Adelaide. I know you can get them though. Adelaide return flights seem to be a problem due to our curfew and the need for an overnight stop in Brissy or Sydney. Qantas can do it but only 20 kg luggage and you get put on a Jetstar flight but pay more. Jetstar though, don't offer return to Adelaide.

All of this is possible via travel agents(except Jetstar) at more cost but not on line it seems.

Thanks anyway.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
61,274 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hawaiian Airlines

Have you tried calling Virgin? It sounds strange that you can get to Hawaii with those 2 airlines but you cannot get back home.

Australia
Level Contributor
1,416 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hawaiian Airlines

Waiting on email enquiry response from Virgin.

Florida - Alaska...
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai Province, Outdoors / Adventure Travel
Level Contributor
5,311 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Hawaiian Airlines

If the return flight requires an overnight stop, try booking it as a "multi-city" flight, first Adelaide to HNL, then HNL to either SYD or BNE, then the next day last leg home. It might be that the time stopping over for the night in Sydney or Brisbane is more than the online system allows on a single leg.

Townsville...
Level Contributor
1,005 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hawaiian Airlines

MrCycling, Virgin does not have a multi city option.

bakermob, you need to phone them on 13 67 89 and they will do it over the phone for you.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
61,274 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hawaiian Airlines

I agree that e-mail is not a good way to get answers from an airline. Call Virgin

Australia
Level Contributor
1,416 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hawaiian Airlines

Thanks guys. Went to a travel agent to see what they could do - no more than me.

Oh they could do the Virgin/Hawaiian flights but way too expensive plus an overnight in Sydney. We are now going to probably use Jetstar and book Adelaide to honolulu returning to Melbourne using multi city, and then book a separate flight back to Adelaide from Melbourne. This means if Jetstar change our flights, it is only the Melbourne Adelaide flight that could be an issue. Hawaiin are $1700 return plus a nights accommodation. Jetsar we can currently get for $1200 including 30 kg luggage, plus the overnight in Melbourne.

In March when I flew to Honolulu Jetstar cancelled my return flight and then it had to be changed by 3 days and an overnight in Melbourne, but because it was Adelaide return they had to cover it - they no longer offer the retunflight to Adelaide .Difference in cost for the two of us is worth the messing around i think.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
192 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hawaiian Airlines

I'm not getting why you would use the Virgin website rather than Hawaiian Airlines' Australian website? We always book from Canberra through to Honolulu direct with HA. You get the baggage allowance of the carrier that does the booking. Would you rather have Virgin's 20kg or HA's 64kg? Fly HAL, you will love them.