We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap tickets from Bombay, India to anywhere in Europe

Mumbai, India
3 posts
Save Topic
Cheap tickets from Bombay, India to anywhere in Europe

Hey,

This is an SOS call! I need to be in Spain sometime during the third week of next month and am on a very tight budget. Calling all you travel hackers, can you please help me find some really cheap connections. I'm flexible with dates, destination and number of connections as long as it is cheap...:-)

Jaya

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap tickets from Bombay, India to anywhere in Europe

"anywhere in Europe" for values of "anywhere" =Spain ???????????????

Use ITamatrix http://matrix.itasoftware.com/ for routes and prices and only book through an airline.

------->>> I'll say it again only book through an airline.

You dont have time to be messing with the lies of a third party that will promise cheap fares but deliver a nightmare.

Mumbai, India
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap tickets from Bombay, India to anywhere in Europe

Thanks!...I tried Matrix but the price differene between the website and actual airline is huge and still not cheap.

And I said anywhere in Eu because once in Eu, it can can be quite cheap to travel within the continent. There are so many options. So I'm not worried about that, I just need to get to Eu from Bombay or anywhere in India

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1,318 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap tickets from Bombay, India to anywhere in Europe

Take Joe's advice. Book directly with an airline. Third party sites will more than likely lead to tears of sadness.

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap tickets from Bombay, India to anywhere in Europe

Jaya, you seem to be thinking that there are such things as cheap cheap flights from India to Europe in June at short notice... And that short notice travel in Europe is cheap. Unfortunately you are mistaken on both counts.

June is not generally a cheap month to travel. The prices are what they are. It's your choice.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
14,264 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap tickets from Bombay, India to anywhere in Europe

"I tried Matrix but the price differene between the website and actual airline is huge and still not cheap. "

Best to take ITAMatrix's prices with a grain of salt, they are not always up-to-date. Use it to get an idea of your options and relative cost. Unfortunately there are no secret sites out there with bargain prices. I don't know what you are expecting to pay but around £500 looks to be about the going rate.

Mumbai, India
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheap tickets from Bombay, India to anywhere in Europe

You're right, June is not the time to get cheap tickets for Europe, but I still wanted to check if there are any options that I haven't yet explored.

Thanks again!

mumbai
Level Contributor
9 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheap tickets from Bombay, India to anywhere in Europe

Air India is currently the best option available from India to Europe. You can have Return flight to 1 city OR Open jaw (reach one city and return from another city) only on Air India. Now you can also get Flying returns miles, do enroll before you fly and give the number in your booking. You can fly BOM / DELHI to either London (UK) / Paris (France) / Milan / Rome (Italy) / Frankfurt (Germany) / Zurich (Switzerland) and back to India Non Stop from any of these cities. You can even get in SAME ticket any Indian city connected to Mumbai or Delhi. You can also get a Air India issued ticket with "AI" code on a SWISS OR Lufthansa operated night flights too. I checked for Sept. BOM - ZURICH & PARIS-BOM comes to Rupees 52000 tax inclu return on Air India. Leave in night or day and leave in night from europe and reach by next morning/aft in your city !

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cheap tickets from Bombay, India to anywhere in Europe

IndianTravelLover - If you are responding to the OP you will note that his travel dates are in the past so your post wont be too much help to him.

9. Re: Cheap tickets from Bombay, India to anywhere in Europe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2015, 07:17