We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

connecting flight via MIA: baggage Q

London, United...
Level Contributor
188 posts
211 reviews
Save Topic
connecting flight via MIA: baggage Q

Hello

Might be travelling to Belize again via MIA from LHR at the end of the year. This time am considering going straight to BZE, which would involve a 16h layover in Miami (last time we spent a wk in south beach). I am trying to find my baggage options, last time we picked them up and had to drop them off again for the flight to LHR. Will I be able to do that again with a long layover between flights? Was thinking about going into south beach for a while and don't want to take bags with us. I know there is a baggage storage option, but am thinking of most time effective options.

Thanks

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
18,201 posts
415 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: connecting flight via MIA: baggage Q

Assuming you are on one ticket, your bags should be checked through. You pull them for customs then put them back on conveyor belt to go onto final destination.

Have fun.

2. Re: connecting flight via MIA: baggage Q

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2015, 06:17