We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LHR to Boston via Dublin Aer Lingus

uk
Level Contributor
203 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
LHR to Boston via Dublin Aer Lingus

Hello all

I have booked a flight for Dec on this route- I just want to ask about check in. It says the Dublin to Boston route is operated by ' Air Contactors' for aer lingus. I wonder if it is United or KLM or similar.

With that in mind, do we check in at Heathrow with the usual 3hours or so for economy transatlantic? I have been looking on aer lingus website but not sure of the answer.

Many thanks if you can help

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
57,139 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: LHR to Boston via Dublin Aer Lingus

aircontractors.com/solutions/…aer-lingus-757

I don't know of a particular reason to arrive 3 hours early for a flight LHR-DUB. But having said that, I haven't flown that route in a few years.

You will pre-clear US Immigration and Customs in Dublin. Make sure you have your ESTA sorted out and allow enough time to get through. Makes arrival in Boston a breeze...

uk
Level Contributor
203 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: LHR to Boston via Dublin Aer Lingus

Many thanks for your reply- usually when I have flown to the USA I have to be in LHR about 3hrs before. I suppose the check in at LHR for a flight to Dublin (and then onwards) might be only 2 hrs?

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: LHR to Boston via Dublin Aer Lingus

I would say you should plan to be at LHR 2 hours before but if you are hanging around your hotel killing time waiting , you may as well get there earlier.

Air Contractors is a company, they will be operating this route but to all intents and purposes it will appear to be Aer Lingus, the crew will be dressed as Aer Lingus and the plane will likely be in Aer Lingus colours. Discussed in here last year tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186591-i88-k666…

Edited: 19 May 2014, 23:11
uk
Level Contributor
203 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: LHR to Boston via Dublin Aer Lingus

many thanks joeintheuk that's very helpful

regards

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,844 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: LHR to Boston via Dublin Aer Lingus

Aer Lingus will be moving to Terminal 2 at Heathrow from July 9

Youtube " U S Customs at Dublin airport "

enjoy.

6. Re: LHR to Boston via Dublin Aer Lingus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2015, 11:22