We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First UK PASSPORT application

Stockton-on-Tees...
12 posts
Save Topic
First UK PASSPORT application

Hi just wondering if anyone could help me out, I sent my first adult application using PO check and send on the 25th April, on the 30th april recieved a text saying it had been recieved. It has now been 3 weeks since my application was recieved and no letter for an interview, today I finally got through to the IPS Service who were quite unhelpful and said i have to wait for an interview letter and call back next week if it still hasnt arrived. I am due to go on holiday on the 24th June and I am really starting to worry it won't come in time :( has anyone else had to wait over 3 weeks for an interview??!! Thank you

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: First UK PASSPORT application

Would they allow me to make an emergency appointment as they wouldn't accept that i've booked my holiday as a valid reason??

========

No (and you've already said why!) , because first they say upfront "dont book your holiday until you have your passport" and second, somewhere on the website they provide a number of valid reasons for emergency appointments, and they have exclusions one of which is "I already booked my flight"

Which would be fair enough if they didn't take such an inordinate time to process them.

Hants, UK
Level Contributor
2,871 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: First UK PASSPORT application

What a shame this is spoiling what was a wonderful surprise, technically you didn't book your flight before you applied for your passport, but I don't suppose that will wash with them. Good luck x

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: First UK PASSPORT application

Try your MP. Sometimes they can pull strings. It is recognised that there is a problem.

Kenilworth, United...
Level Contributor
248 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: First UK PASSPORT application

Hiya. My boyfriends application was sent in April and he's heard nothing, we fly on the 12th July. After phoning and speaking to the progress team he's been told it's been under examination since 4th June! WAiting to hear today from Durham office to see if we can get a reference number to book his interview.

I know lots if people are saying 'why leave it so late?' But applying 3 months before our holiday should leave plenty of time!

15. Re: First UK PASSPORT application

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2015, 05:15