We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomson flight - Check In baggage dimensions

foshaughnessy32
Level Contributor
133 posts
Save Topic
Thomson flight - Check In baggage dimensions

Hi,

I have booked to go on an Island Escape cruise with thomson. I have booked my flights with them also. I have paid the extra money to have the extra baggage weight allowance.

What I am unsure of is if there is any particular size/dimension to the suitcase I can take?

I notice on the Thomson website there are restrictions for the hand luggage but I cannot see any dimensions given for the suitcase I can check in - only weight. Does this mean I can take any size/shape bag as long as it does not exceed the weight allowance?

Many thanks for your help :) any replies would be greatly appreciated.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
32,846 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomson flight - Check In baggage dimensions

No size restrictions, but given that a bag can't weigh more than 23kg it's not going to be that big anyway?

foshaughnessy32
Level Contributor
133 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomson flight - Check In baggage dimensions

You can get the big lightweight frame ones these days, bust obviously I will not go over the given weight. Its more having the space to lay things out.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
32,846 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomson flight - Check In baggage dimensions

I've got the large Sub Zero. With 23kg in it, it's too big. The clothes just aren't held in place enough, and end up moving around so much. Might be ok if they were in vacuum bags or rolling bags though.

foshaughnessy32
Level Contributor
133 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomson flight - Check In baggage dimensions

Ok thank you I will keep this in mind and maybe go for the standard suitcase. Thank you

5. Re: Thomson flight - Check In baggage dimensions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2015, 05:16