We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dreamliner - Dominican Republic

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
67 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Dreamliner - Dominican Republic

Just getting ready to select our seats on the Dreamliner, does anyone have any advice on the best place to sit. I have heard that although they quote 34" pitch there are a number of seats that only offer 33". Does anyone know which rows the 33" would be. Also is there any difference in the recline, am putting my kids in front of us so they can't annoy other people by reclining the whole flight - just in case they were so inclined. Can't afford the extra legroom or premium but having already paid a premium to fly on the dreamliner I would at least like to try and select the seats with the 34" pitch.

thanks

Trondheim, Norway
Destination Expert
for Trondheim
Level Contributor
4,652 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dreamliner - Dominican Republic

Which airline?

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
35,634 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dreamliner - Dominican Republic

Presuming Thomsons? If so rows 34 to 38 seats A/B/C and G/H/J have 33" pitch. Recline is the same.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
20,674 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dreamliner - Dominican Republic

"there are a number of seats that only offer 33"."

You do know that only 33" is still more than a lot of economy seats on other airlines out there?

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
67 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dreamliner - Dominican Republic

That is a fiat point and it would be good to compare, we flew with Monarch last year in their premium seat and the year before we flew Premium Economy on Virgin to Florida on their new planes (not sure what they were). Does anyone know what these seat pitches would be, say in comparison to regular virgin economy to Florida.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
35,634 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dreamliner - Dominican Republic

Monarch premium are 34" Virgin premium 38". Virgin economy 31".

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
15,219 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dreamliner - Dominican Republic

VA economy seat pitch is only 31". That is great for me as I am only around 5'"2 but even DH who is 5' 9" tall has plenty of leg room. You should be fine with 33".

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
67 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dreamliner - Dominican Republic

Lovely thank you, hopefully we will get 34 but 33 would be fine.

8. Re: Dreamliner - Dominican Republic

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2015, 06:15