We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flight delay

edinburgh
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Topic
flight delay

Does anyone know if the flight from Varadero to Manchester has ever had a significant delay.

Reason I am asking is I have a connection to Edinburgh from Manchester with a 2 hour connection time and it is the only flight that day. Might opt for train what do you think??

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
21,106 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: flight delay

What if it's never had a significant delay in the past, but on the day you choose to travel it does? Not much use for you really what has happened in the past.

I'd recommend giving yourself more than a couple of hours if you plan on doing separate tickets; lots of things can go wrong. Just an hours delay of your first flight can screw you over. And what if the first flight is rescheduled too?

If it was me, I'd get there the day before and stay over in a hotel close to the airport. There are plenty of airport hotels to choose from at Manchester.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: flight delay

Might opt for train what do you think??

==============

I think that without knowing what time the train goes I wouldn't venture an opinion on that.

Bear in mind,as said above, even if 2 hours is doable, (1) it gives no leeway whatsoever for whatever happens on the day, and (2) suppose between booking and day of the flight the first flight is rescheduled an hour later and the second one an hour earlier? It could easily happen.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: flight delay

You can get at the data yourself here:

www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx…

download the Annual 2013 report and then look at the index on page 3. That will tell you which page of the report to go to for Varadero.

edinburgh
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: flight delay

Thanks for the help. We are going to get the train home when we arrive back. There is now a great service between Manchester airport and Edinburgh and they give you a 3 hour window incase of flight delay so if we do miss the one we book we dont have long to wait and just jump on the next one. Also much cheaper.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
57,834 posts
453 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: flight delay

Yes, TPE is a good choice because of the window that they allow if your flight is delayed. If you were thinking separate tickets that is always risky with a two hour connection as anything can happen on the day apart from significant delays - the flight may be cancelled or rescheduled before you fly. Or there could be delays on landing, perhaps a problem with baggage or massive queues at immigration. Or both!

It's good that the train is cheaper, so many people don't consider the train as either they automatically think it will be expensive, or they take a look at the fares too early, before the cheaper tickets have been released, and don't realise that there are lower fares to be had!

Edited: 24 May 2014, 16:24
6. Re: flight delay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 May 2014, 13:35
Kabul, Afghanistan
Level Contributor
172 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: flight delay

Marie,

Please stop pushing this one particular NWNF firm (you've done it in each of your four posts); advertising is not allowed here. And for what it's worth, I have read a number of negative customer experiences from refund.me. So they're not a company that I would advocate, if I were allowed to. Which I'm not!

8. Re: flight delay

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 May 2014, 14:05
London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: flight delay

Yep marie, I think we all get you,

Reported as spam.

10. Re: flight delay

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2015, 05:15