We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malaysia Airlines - Good deals from Australia?

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1 post
79 reviews
Save Topic
Malaysia Airlines - Good deals from Australia?

Hi,

We recently planned a trip from Melbourne (Australia) to fly into Bangkok (for 6 days), then travel to Singapore for a 4-day stay before returning to Melbourne. Our travel agent recommended flying to Asia and back by Malaysia Airlines with one stop-over - ie. Melbourne-Kuala Lumpur-Bangkok, and the return from Singapore as: Singapore-Kuala Lumpur-Melbourne. When we booked in April 2014 for travel in May, the prices were much cheaper than other airlines (Thai Air and Singapore Airlines). We believe that Malaysia Airlines has been trying hard to keep people on their planes after the MH370 mishap earlier in the year - hence the cheaper prices.

We had a great experience with Malaysia Airlines - short stop overs, not strict on baggage and carry-on weights, reasonable food in-flight, and good service. So we are happy to use them again.

(We would normally tend to avoid stop-overs; but for the cost savings, this was really worth it.)

Before we travel again with Malaysia Airlines, we are just wondering if other people have had similar experiences lately, or if this was just lucky?

Thanks

Robert B

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
5,831 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Malaysia Airlines - Good deals from Australia?

I have used Malaysia Airlines many many times, long before the recent tragedy, and overall havent really noticed any great difference. My observations are in business class though. Singapore is generally better but much more expensive in my region.

2. Re: Malaysia Airlines - Good deals from Australia?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2015, 07:15