We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Expedia flights do not include luggage

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Expedia flights do not include luggage

Please be aware that expedia flights do not include luggage. I know this is hard to believe as even Ryanair and Easyjet include 15kg luggage. If when booking online you happen to notice a box on the right hand side it mentions there may be additional charges for luggage, so I assumed that would be for luggage over the usual minimum 15kg, but no there obviously expect travellers to just take hand luggage when going on a weeks holiday. After paying a total of £160 at the airport for luggage, I then spoke to 4 customer service operations at a call centre in India, despite calling a UK telephone number. I was then told to write and fobbed off by various customer service operators, but kept emailing until they just referred me to the T&C's, which they know no one reads. When going through the booking process you are asked about travel insurance, private shuttles, day pass for parks BUT NOT LUGGAGE COSTS/CHARGES!!!!! EXTREMELY MISLEADING

90 replies to this topic
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,285 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Expedia flights do not include luggage

'Expedia flights'

Expedia is not an airline. Which airline are you talking about?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
27,699 posts
538 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Expedia flights do not include luggage

Expedia clearly says contact the airline for luggage rates.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
3,224 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Expedia flights do not include luggage

<< I know this is hard to believe as even Ryanair and Easyjet include 15kg luggage.>>

Incorrect for both airlines, neither include any free hold baggage allowance and you need to pay for all checked bags

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Expedia flights do not include luggage

they just referred me to the T&C's, which they know no one reads.

--------

"No one"? I do. Your lookout if you can't be bothered.

And your blanket warning is simply wrong, some flights most certainly do include it, depends on the airline. Assume nothing, if it's not mentioned why assume it will be included? If it's cheaper investigate why, is there a difference, what is it? There is usually a good reason rather than "just because". For flights alone, on the few times I've looked, I've never found expedia cheaper enough to be worth the additional risk of a third party messing up.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
35,257 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Expedia flights do not include luggage

Neither Ryanair or Easyjet include luggage. You have to add it on and pay extra for it. What's hard to believe is that you thought they did!

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Expedia flights do not include luggage

Wow. The OP reads like a spot the schoolboy error competition.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,428 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Expedia flights do not include luggage

Please be aware that expedia flights do not include luggage

Probably because Expedia is not an airline and doesn't fly any planes.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
3,224 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Expedia flights do not include luggage

Expedia will include baggage for those airline that include baggage

Expedia will not include baggage for those airlines that do not include baggage

From your other post this was for Flybe. Flybe do not include baggage unless you purchase one of the higher fares that include baggage

You should have been able to see this on the flybe website also

You made a mistake, take some responsibility and learn from it and you will be likely to be more careful in understanding what you are purchasing next time

Unfortunately this has cost you money but this is not Expedia's or the airlines fault

Oregon
Level Contributor
3,222 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Expedia flights do not include luggage

>> If when booking online you happen to notice a box on the right hand side it mentions there may be additional charges for luggage, so I assumed that would be for luggage over the usual minimum 15kg<<

So you noticed the box, but ignored it and made your own erroneous assumptions. Your fault, not Expedia's..

Edited: 29 May 2014, 01:37
Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
10,851 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Expedia flights do not include luggage

<< but no there obviously expect travellers to just take hand luggage when going on a weeks holiday. >>

Well that's actually possible ... And for someone who ASSUMES quite a bit why ASSUME Expedia knows you'll need luggage? It's kinda like ASSUMING every flight gives you a meal because British Airways do.

Edited: 29 May 2014, 04:07
Reply to: Expedia flights do not include luggage
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted