We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Singapore Airlines Agent Cancellation Fees Dialaflight

Jimena de la...
Level Contributor
53 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Singapore Airlines Agent Cancellation Fees Dialaflight

I booked flights, class D to Australia through Dialaflight with Singapore Airlines and paid a £600 deposit. less than 24 hours later realising these flight were no going to work, I called the agent to change the dates. As the flights with Singapore were much more expensive on the alternative dates I changed to Quantas. Now the agent are charging me £200 pp plus £25 total £400 for the change. I have not yet paid the balance. When I queried the agent came back and quoted that Singapore charge €200 US pp for cancellation plus their fee of £25 for D class ticket. I cannot find this info on Singapore Airlines website, but it seems many airlines have reduced fees for agents.

So my question is am I being ripped off?

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
8,144 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Singapore Airlines Agent Cancellation Fees Dialaflight

Pay in haste repent at leisure.

I don't know what the cancellation charges are, probably whatever the booking agents want them to be, but you handed them your cash without properly checking that their product is what you want, so you may have to accept the loss and move on. It is an awful lot of money to lose, and a very expensive lesson learned.

Jackie

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Singapore Airlines Agent Cancellation Fees Dialaflight

Did you not read the terms of your ticket nor the terms and conditions of booking though dial a flight? Just tick the box?

Yes, singapore, like many airlines , charge a cancellation fee and an admin fee for certain tickets, their lowest cost ones,

Some of their tickets ie the ones to and from the USA can be charged foc within 24 hours, but the odds of an agent cancelling it within this time line could be limited, it looks like it does not apply here though.

Basically you really need to read the terms of the ticket you buy, before you buy it, not just tick the box.

You're not being ripped off, you chose to buy this product, I assume to get the cheap flight price. If you wanted a changeable / refundable ticket without penalty you could have bought it, but it would have been much more expensive,

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Singapore Airlines Agent Cancellation Fees Dialaflight

From the Website...... 'A cancellation fee and/or refund admin fee may be levied in certain cases. The refund amount will be credited to the credit card used to purchase the ticket. You may check on the terms and conditions accompanying your ticket, with your local Singapore Airlines office or travel agent'.

The fee will be in the terms and conditions accompanying your ticket. Have a look at them....Not just after you buy, but before too.

Edited: 29 May 2014, 15:10
UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Singapore Airlines Agent Cancellation Fees Dialaflight

Once you buy through an agent you nearly always have their costs for change as well as the airlines.

I presume you bought through an agent because it as cheaper, but the downside of cheapness is some additional conditions.

You appear to want it both ways, you want it cheaper *and* yet with the more lenient change conditions that come with a dearer ticket.

Jimena de la...
Level Contributor
53 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Singapore Airlines Agent Cancellation Fees Dialaflight

I did not book on the net I booked over the phone so no tick box. I was told there would be cancellation fee but not how much, you only get this info if you look at the airline website. I have still booked my flights through them cost over 7k so with commision they have made a good amount of money from me, therefore I expected some give and take, on top of the 300$ they have also charged me £50. I was expecting to pay fees, So I was not expecting cake and eat it. Also when I looked at Singapore airlines it was £65 cheaper than the quoted flight.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Singapore Airlines Agent Cancellation Fees Dialaflight

<<I have still booked my flights through them cost over 7k so with commision they have made a good amount of money from me>>

What they made is irrelevant, you agreed to their conditions. Any for all you know they only made $50. You also have no idea what it would cost them to get it changed, but even if its 99% pure profit, tough luck.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Singapore Airlines Agent Cancellation Fees Dialaflight

They must have sent you the terms and conditions, you just did not read them.

The fact your total cost is 7 k is totally and utterly irrelevant. Why would you possibly buy from dial a flight if you knew already it was cheaper to buy from the airline? You already admit the ticket was pretty much the same price from the airline so what " big commission" are they making from you? They very probably bought it at the same cost you could from the airline. The fee was for them buying it for you, for whatever mad reason you felt this was a good idea.

They will have sent you the terms and conditions, there is no give and take in a contract. I genuinely can't believe anyone would think there was, The airlines terms apply as do theirs. That's it, game over, right there.

Jimena de la...
Level Contributor
53 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Singapore Airlines Agent Cancellation Fees Dialaflight

No terms and conditions sent until I had paid them the deposit. The sales rep did such a good pitch that he had give me an amazing deal, I did not check airline site until after I had booked. Also said that for free would arrange visa, s alarm bells should have rung then I suppose as I knew he was giving me bull as there is no charge for visitor visa if go direct to OZ gov website. Is everyone on this forum travel agents?

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Singapore Airlines Agent Cancellation Fees Dialaflight

froggy-shame on you, not only are you working for every airline on the planet but you are now taking back handers from the travel agents as well!!!

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Singapore Airlines Agent Cancellation Fees Dialaflight

Is everyone on this forum travel agents?

------

Very few are. Most are just annoyed with people who expect companies to vary their terms and conditions depending what the customer feels like, and dont understand the simple concept of understanding what you are buying before, not after, the purchase.

And then there is Froggy, shamelessly working for every airline and travel agency under the sun and raking in the money I bet every time she points out just how careless some people are with their own money.