We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booked a flight through eDreams, now worried, please help?

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
70 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Booked a flight through eDreams, now worried, please help?

Hello,

I booked a flight today through eDreams and didn't know that they have quite a bad reputation. After I booked, I got an email saying 'booking confirmation' but then it said that my payment would be confirmed only later, and the price could change, but I would have to accept the new price.

Now I'm worried - should I wait till they send me a confirmation email, or cancel straight away? If I cancel it would cost more, so maybe I should wait and then just cancel if the price has increased a lot?

320 replies to this topic
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
70 posts
1 review
Save Reply
21. Re: Booked a flight through eDreams, now worried, please help?

OK, I'm going to try to relax and not think about it. Maybe if I think what's the worst that can happen, it'll help me to forget it.

First worst case scenario: It all looks OK and they send me a confirmation email and the price is as before, but then they cancel the ticket say a day or two before the flight, is there any way I can get back the money? Worst case scenario: I lose the original ticket price (£178) and have to book another flight at a high price just before travelling, and I have one day less to see my friends in Russia.

The other worst case scenario: they confirm the ticket price but it's much higher - I can say I don't want to pay the higher price, but then they might not refund it and so again I will lose the money and have to buy another ticket.

Is there any other bad thing that can happen, ie they use my bank details and steal money? In that case can the police help me get the money back?

Edited: 29 May 2014, 19:32
Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
56,077 posts
453 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Booked a flight through eDreams, now worried, please help?

I don't think there have been any reports of eDreams emptying people's bank accounts, but it has happened with scam websites, I'm sure. The problem with eDreams is more one of competence, I believe.

You are doing the right thing by trying not to worry too much. Despite the reports on here, I'm sure there is more chance of everything being OK than it going wrong. After all, people who have experienced no problems with their booking aren't going to rush to TA to tell everyone, unlike those who have had problems.

But despite that, even if nothing goes wrong make sure that in future you learn from this and are never tempted to book with sites such as this - be very careful who you give your hard earned money to. booking directly with the airline is best. with a credit card if you can!

uk
Level Contributor
2,686 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Booked a flight through eDreams, now worried, please help?

Hi florence sorry for the delay here is the link

http://www.mycashplus.co.uk/

I have and do use this company and have recommended it to all my friends.

You do pay a small monthly charge £4.95 I think but unlike a lot of pre paid cards this one DOES offer you the same consumer protection as a normal credit card.

Deb

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Booked a flight through eDreams, now worried, please help?

So is the sixty quid a year to protect you from yourself Seska? Serious question.

uk
Level Contributor
2,686 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Booked a flight through eDreams, now worried, please help?

Go and read the link joe it helps rebuild your credit rating . No different from people paying for a premium bank account a monthly charge.

Florence can either use the info or not.

Deb

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Booked a flight through eDreams, now worried, please help?

Seska - Never mind the OP I think you should be recommending that card to Daniel Levy ;-)

uk
Level Contributor
2,686 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Booked a flight through eDreams, now worried, please help?

Haha he has got more than £60 of my money , I am trying to not have a row with anyone today so I will leave the Spurs talk there!

Deb

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Booked a flight through eDreams, now worried, please help?

I don't think you can top up the card with £100 million :-)

Yep, back on topic I do hope the OP receives some good news about the flights.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Booked a flight through eDreams, now worried, please help?

Yes getting back on topic if eDreams want more money then as long as its not really outrageous I'm thinking the OP may be better advised paying the extra rather than trying to get their money back via a tortuous route of debit card and Paypal.

The extra can be written off as a fine for buying whilst careless. Or of course they may just get their ticket at the price advised. Some must do after all.

Edited: 30 May 2014, 08:41
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
70 posts
1 review
Save Reply
30. Re: Booked a flight through eDreams, now worried, please help?

Hi, thanks everyone for your messages and support.

I haven't heard from eDreams yet, but I've just logged into my Paypal account and it says the payment (of the original price I agreed to) has been processed and completed. Does that mean that it stays at that price or is there no way of knowing yet?

Reply to: Booked a flight through eDreams, now worried, please help?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted