We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomson Dreamliner to Sanford

Wakefield
Level Contributor
4 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Thomson Dreamliner to Sanford

I booked my flights last year and paid for Premium Seats which included seat allocation. Went to check in online as soon as check in opened only to find the four of us can't sit together!! Does anyone know if seat allocations can be changed at the airport?? I'm distraught!

Thankyou

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
36,770 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomson Dreamliner to Sanford

No your seat allocations will not be able to be changed at the airport as passengers will have already pre booked and had confirmation of their seats at 90 days before Inbound departure date.

You also should have gone online and used the 'Select Your Seat' or phoned the Flight Extra call center at the 90 day mark to your Inbound flight and pre booked your preferred seat/row numbers.

Angie.

2. Re: Thomson Dreamliner to Sanford

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 30 May 2014, 10:02
Wakefield
Level Contributor
4 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomson Dreamliner to Sanford

I tried 5 times to do the seat allocation online over a few weeks and it wouldn't let me. It just kept saying 'seats allocated'. I know now that I should have rung them but that doesn't really help this late in the day. I have rung them this morning and they have put a special request in for me so we'll have to wait and see. Lessons to be learned I guess :(

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomson Dreamliner to Sanford

I don't understand, if you paid for seat allocation, why did you not do it, but wait till on line check in...?

London
Level Contributor
174 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomson Dreamliner to Sanford

I fly to Jamaica end of June, and was looking yesterday at the premium seats selections, there was about 9 seats not allocated ( none that were next to each other)

I also dummy booked my holiday again, and saw premium was sold out.

I think people just don't realise there able to select them, and just presume they will be sat together.

Last year when we flew premium to punta cana, there was a couple split, one in row 1 and the other row 6 (both stuck in the middle seats also) They mention they booked in the shop, and was told nothing about selecting there seats.

100 days before I'm there checking if seat plan is open!! haha

Edited: 30 May 2014, 13:32
Wakefield, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomson Dreamliner to Sanford

Flying to Sanford on 16th August 2014 on Dreamliner, telephoned 02476 283046 on Tuesday 27th May and got a very nice service agent to book our seats, even though the online facility has not officially opened.

Sorted and very happy......

7. Re: Thomson Dreamliner to Sanford

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 June 2014, 00:05
8. Re: Thomson Dreamliner to Sanford

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 June 2015, 05:16