We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Qantas or delta or united

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
39 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Qantas or delta or united

Flying sydney to orlando . Should i fly qantas or save $400 and fly delta or united . So confused

Kiama, Australia
Level Contributor
3,066 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Qantas or delta or united

Totally a personal choice - however we love the Sydney to Orlando via Dallas option as the most convenient (avoiding LAX is a good idea - but DFW has issues at times aswell).

I find comfort on the Qantas A380 is far better in service and comfort than the other two - but that is a personal choice.

If, however, you are talking about a family of 4, where the saving would be in excess of $1600, then that could influence me the other way.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
11,397 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Qantas or delta or united

Qantas hands down ... just compare the inflight facilities.

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,132 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Qantas or delta or united

Qantas is better, but it's horrible vs slightly less horrible rather than horrible vs good.

Personal choice of course. Mine would be to save the $400, put up with the flight then reward myself with a really great night out, a special indulgence or a night in a great hotel to get over the trauma. Thousands of people fly economy delta and united TPAC every year and to my knowledge, none have ever suffered intolerably as a result.

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
375 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Qantas or delta or united

Flying alone? A couple? Family of four? The $400 is per person or overall? Assuming you're going to theme parks, you will spend a lot of money upon arrival.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
9,835 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Qantas or delta or united

Another vote for Qantas.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
14,279 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Qantas or delta or united

Qantas for you (American carriers are for the birds!)

Golden, Canada
Destination Expert
for Regina
Level Contributor
4,801 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Qantas or delta or united

Option D....

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
39 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Qantas or delta or united

Hi its family of 5 , i knkw its a big difference but one of the passengers is not a very good flyer and really wants qantas. Also its dallas verusus LA for the stopover

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
11,397 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Qantas or delta or united

Well if you are traveling with kids forget United ... no personal IFE system ... not sure about Delta. 15 hours for kids without a TV ... no thanks.

Orange, Australia
Level Contributor
154 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Qantas or delta or united

Qantas hands down. Airlines based in US have horribly old planes, and solely based on comfort I'd pay the extra $400.