We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Emirates - Maldives flights - pricing variations?

Leeds, Yorkshire
Level Contributor
103 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Emirates - Maldives flights - pricing variations?

Hi there

We're independently booking our next trip to the Maldives in March '15 and were wondering whether folks have noticed whether Emirates prices tend to fluctuate or stay fairly stable? I know when we book for New York, the pricing almost changes daily...

We're trying to see whether we need to book sooner rather than later to avoid the fluctuations, or whether we're fairly safe leaving it until September (ish) to book?

Many thanks

Jax

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Emirates - Maldives flights - pricing variations?

Hi, there is a FAQ on the right hand side. Airline pricing can't be predicted. Find a price you are happy with and don't look back.

September would seem fine to me, as you are going before Easter. However just watch, no one can predict the demand flow or when the cheaper seats will sell out, sorry.

Leeds, Yorkshire
Level Contributor
103 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Emirates - Maldives flights - pricing variations?

Thanks for the reply Froggy :)

All the flights are working out around the £600 each mark - no idea if that's cheap or not... will keep an eye on the trend... there's always our credit card if we need to book earlier than planned! :)

Jax

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Emirates - Maldives flights - pricing variations?

I think that's fairly decent, doubt you will get it much cheaper. Worth keeping an eye on.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,686 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Emirates - Maldives flights - pricing variations?

If you know you want to fly Emirates, have you signed up for alerts/offers direct from thm? I get these at least a couple of times a week and they can be very good especially the Business class offers so well worth checking IMO. And they are at least a useful comparison.

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
16,245 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Emirates - Maldives flights - pricing variations?

That's a good price. In my experience the earlier you book the flight the cheaper the tickets.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,071 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Emirates - Maldives flights - pricing variations?

£600 is still a good price. We normally fly around april/may and book jan/dec time and have been paying around £550-600 to similar long haul destinations. It depends whether u wana wait but don't wait til the end as prices can become quite extortionate.

London
Level Contributor
1,305 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Emirates - Maldives flights - pricing variations?

Sounds like a reasonable price to me too. We go around March/April and pay between £650-£700. Best to find a price you're happy with and then don't look back!

8. Re: Emirates - Maldives flights - pricing variations?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 June 2015, 06:16