We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

edreams bookings

Brisbane, Australia
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
edreams bookings

Has anyone experienced any problems with bookings made through edreams?

Cradle...
Destination Expert
for Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park
Level Contributor
13,526 posts
269 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: edreams bookings

Hi Olga,

Not personally, but I have read reviews, and so should you, and have a read of this post, and the many other reviews about booking through a third party.

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k5608…

Type in E Dreams on Google :o(

Robert

Edited: 03 June 2014, 09:24
Brisbane, Australia
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: edreams bookings

Thanks Robert. You have just confirmed my worst fears. I have been waiting on a refund from eDreams for nearly a month after flights were changed 4 times and finally I had to cancel the flights. eDreams customer service just keep giving me the runaround and I am desperately chasing a refund of $3500. Thank you for responding.

Cradle...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
13,526 posts
269 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: edreams bookings

Olga, from what I've read over the years, your problem is common with many third party traders, and that's all they are, they have no control over an airline, they just want your money, and they will spend it with no responsibility, an expensive lesson.

Edited: 03 June 2014, 09:54
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
26,647 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: edreams bookings

I'm sorry to hear of your situation.

But Rob is absolutely correct in every facet of his explanation. The situation is so dire with eDreams, that the experts on the Air Travel forum deemed it necessary to list it as a FAQ on the top corner of their page.

Rather than anticipate a cooperative response from the agent, I would strongly advise pursuing this through your credit card company as a charge back.

Edited: 03 June 2014, 10:14
Brisbane, Australia
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: edreams bookings

That's a good suggestion. I will pursue it through my bank and see if I have any joy there. I have contacted the airline and they have referred me back to eDreams. I'm just going around in circles. Thanks for the advice.

Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: edreams bookings

Last Tuesday September 9 2014 I looked a ticket on trip advisor. Trip Advisor resent me to Eticket to continue with my booking, I bough a Aerolineas Argentinas ticket, and never got a confirmation from Edreams. Now I have been charged on my credit card, and still no confirmation if I got the reservation and ticket.

Since I never got any answer from Edreams, I bought a ticket trough Spedia, I got the confirmation from them, so then now I need Edreams to return my money.

What can I do?

If trip advisor is such a good company, how come the enroll with a scam company like Edreams?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
26,647 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: edreams bookings

Hello,

TripAdvisor is merely an advertising platform, companies pay to advertise, and just because they are advertised, does not mean the company is endorsed for integrity. Just like a newspaper advertising a business, they do not go through background checks on clients who want to advertise.

You've gotten yourself in a fine mess. Why on earth did you purchase another ticket before sorting out this issue with eDreams?

It's not going to be easy and I suspect you'll have to abide by the cancellation policy of both the airline and eDreams for your initial booking. I doubt you could even dispute your purchase through your CC, as it was a consented purchase that wasn't followed up. All it would take is for eDreams to send you a confirmation, and you've got no leg to stand on.

I actually can't see a way out for you, hopefully you may get ideas from others.

Cradle...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
13,526 posts
269 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: edreams bookings

Hi Adolfo,

Like KVE I also believe you are dependant on the cancellation policy of both eDreams and Aerolineas Argentinas.

Olga above has/had a slightly different scenario than yours, but it might be worth sending her a PM to see if she could elaborate on her outcome?

Robert

Cradle...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
13,526 posts
269 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: edreams bookings

Hi Adolfo,

Have a read of the eDreams cancellation policy, after purchase the word NO is very prominent in the cancellation clause, but they are suppose to confirm your booking -

https:/…-1

IMO, you would have a better chance with cancelling with Aerolingas Argentinas -

aerolineas.com.ar/en-au/…devolucion

Robert

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
5 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: edreams bookings

Edreams are incompetent bafoons- they charged me for flights, took a bank transfer then cancelled the booking and will not refund my money. I write to them in English as all communication in making the booking were in English and all responses I receive now are in Spanish! I am going to take the company to court as it was a substantial booking, however, I am dubious as to whether or not I will have success. They are NOT TO BE TRUSTED!!!