We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BA Tier Point Glitch?

London
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
BA Tier Point Glitch?

Am looking at booking some flights for my wife, as she is in need of a few tier points and needs to go to LAX.

The BA tier point calculator is showing 35 points each way for the direct BA LHR-LAX in Y or 140 each way in J.

However, it is showing 70 per sector for US Airways LHR-CLT-LAX in Y, i.e. a total of 280 points. Is this too good to be true? Or a glitch with the website?

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
6,158 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: BA Tier Point Glitch?

I think it's a glitch - should be 35 TP per sector > 2000 miles. Don't complain.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,860 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: BA Tier Point Glitch?

There is currently double avios on flights up to 30th June on US Airways

US Airways has recently joined the world’s leading quality global airline alliance oneworld®. To celebrate, Executive Club Members can now earn double Avios when you book a flight operated and marketed by US Airways and British Airways codeshare flights.

US Airways will add 60 destinations to the oneworld map – most in its US home but also three in Canada and one in Mexico – along with its key hubs of Charlotte, Philadelphia, Phoenix and Washington DC's Reagan National, expanding oneworld's presence across the USA, particularly throughout the East Coast and across the North Atlantic. The addition of US Airways represents the latest landmark in oneworld's biggest membership expansion yet.

Customers flying with the airline can now enjoy all the benefits oneworld® members offer, such as an extensive choice of flight connections and fares, the ability to earn and redeem Avios and an array of privileges and rewards. Book with US Airways and fly before 30 June 2014 to claim double Avios.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,167 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BA Tier Point Glitch?

There is currently double avios on flights up to 30th June on US Airways

Avios and tier points are different.

London
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: BA Tier Point Glitch?

Sorry, I wasn't being clear.

I know it should be 35 per sector, but is the glitch with the BA Calculator, or will you actually be awarded the TPs? If she takes these US Air flights, will she get 280 or 140?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,860 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: BA Tier Point Glitch?

If she travels before 30th June she will get 70TPs per sector, after 30th June would be 35

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,316 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: BA Tier Point Glitch?

I haven't seen anything about double Tier Points and I expect it would all over Flyertalk if that was the case. The message on BA.com mentions only Avios.

Hants, UK
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: BA Tier Point Glitch?

And we all know Avois are useless lol

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: BA Tier Point Glitch?

Not sure if this helps, it's the thread from flyer talk on it.

flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executiv…

Ayr, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,657 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: BA Tier Point Glitch?

Josiem - you are so right! ;-) lol

London
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: BA Tier Point Glitch?

It does appear to be double TPs in Y at the expense of J pax, but no one seems to be able to confirm!

flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executiv…