We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gatwick departure and Heathrow arrival - parking!

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Gatwick departure and Heathrow arrival - parking!

We fly out from Gatwick but return to Heathrow two weeks later. What's the best parking solution? Any companies specifically cater for this?

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gatwick departure and Heathrow arrival - parking!

This comes up from time to time, various answers have been suggested. No companies as far as I know I terms of ferrying a car.

What works best depends how many people, if you will stay in a hotel the night before, how far away you live and cost if taxis or train, or if car rental will work for you (one company whose names escapes, do one way rental for this type of situation)

Provide some more detail and you may get some suggestions.

2. Re: Gatwick departure and Heathrow arrival - parking!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 09 June 2014, 16:38
Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,727 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gatwick departure and Heathrow arrival - parking!

be careful our friend in post 2 -has suggested this company 4 times -in fact ALL his posts suggest this one firm

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gatwick departure and Heathrow arrival - parking!

I'll happily bow out in that case...Apologies. I just thought an alternate option would be appreciated? It's a great service as my car is stored there for the year & I've encouraged other car enthusiast friends to use it too when flying from Gatwick (The owner is a known entity on www.pistonheads.com & we're all paranoid about door dings haha), but if that's frowned upon then apologies, I'll refrain & just go back to browsing.

Edited: 08 June 2014, 23:22
Sunny Sussex
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Gatwick departure and Heathrow arrival - parking!

Help Me Park (meet and greet parking) offers pick ups at Gatwick and will return the vehicle to Heathrow but you need to call them on 01342 844576 for a quote and to book.

More info can be found here: https:/…Heathrow-Transfers

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,727 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gatwick departure and Heathrow arrival - parking!

but these ideas would mean giving your car keys to a stranger allowing them to drive your car around the wonderful ????????????? M25

MAD

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
5,559 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gatwick departure and Heathrow arrival - parking!

I've flown out from Gatwick and returned to Heathrow or vice versa quite often in recent years. Most recently I've used the train throughout as if booked in advance it can be cheaper than car parking - obviously not if there are 4 of you!

Before that I used to park at one or other airport and catch the coach to complete the journey. Which airport I parked at depended on flight times. On-airport or near-airport parking prices vary a lot and while you'd think Heathrow would be more expensive that's not always the case.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,179 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gatwick departure and Heathrow arrival - parking!

Yes, what do you think your car garage does when you give them your keys to replace something and they take it out for a test drive, do you think they have their own secret test circuit?

Any reputable agency providing this service will have adequate insurance as should the vehicle owner.

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
1,545 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Gatwick departure and Heathrow arrival - parking!

I love meet and greet have an excellent reputation, and do offer services to drop your car off at a different airport. Take a look at the link below.

https:/…car-transfers.html

Southampton, England
Level Contributor
3,847 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Gatwick departure and Heathrow arrival - parking!

Park at Heathrow coach to Gatwick National Express?