We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

smart wings

Burnham-on-Crouch...
Level Contributor
2 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
smart wings

Hi

we are travelling to Corfu 4th Aug., we are flying with Smart wings which will be a new experience, has anyone travelled with this airline , I have heard you get food as part of the flight ,,foc ... is this true? what was the flight like ie staff , are films available to watch as taking kids ? if you can assist would appreciate.

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
4,178 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: smart wings

Assuming you're flying from the UK, this will be a charter flight as Smartwings don't do scheduled service to/from the UK. As with all charter flights what you get as a passenger is decided by the holiday company you're travelling with, not the airline, so you need to ask them what you get on board the particular flight.

If you let us know your departure airport there may be someone who has already travelled on the same flight number this year and can help here.

It's also quite possible your plane will be branded as Travel Service Airline, this is the actual name of the company, Smartwings is their low-cost scheduled service business.

Burnham-on-Crouch...
Level Contributor
2 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: smart wings

Hi thanks,

yes flying from Gatwick.

I believe it is Travel Service Airline.

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: smart wings

Bits and pieces on here Kim... tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k63146…

Use the search facility, it's a good resource.

Dorset, United...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: smart wings

Hi, We have just got back from a Holiday in Rhodes which we booked through Thomas Cook, Outbound and Inbound flights from Gatwick flying with Travel Services "Smart Wings". The planes where modern Boeing 737-800's which looked ok, the cabin crew's where polite and friendly plus the pilots spoke good English updating us during the flight of our progress. We only had a slight delay on return of 1 1/2 Hours at Rhodes due to slow baggage handlers but this wasn't there fault. I'm a nervous flyer but overall I found the experience very good and I would travel with them again.

Essex
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: smart wings

We were on a Smart Wings flight from Zante to Gatwick due to fly on Sunday 14 September at 11.30am but delayed due to bird strike; we ended up flying from Zante on Monday 15 September at 5am. Lack of communication/information from the Olympic reps/Swissair/Smart Wings staff was unbelievable. We were herded about like cattle and despite asking several times we are still awaiting letters confirming the delay and cause of it. I will never go with Olympic again.

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
4,178 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: smart wings

"Lack of communication/information from the Olympic reps/Swissair/Smart Wings staff was unbelievable. We were herded about like cattle and despite asking several times we are still awaiting letters confirming the delay and cause of it. I will never go with Olympic again."

I think that would be Swissport, the ground handling contractor, not Swissair the former airline. Shows how bad the communication was. Sorry you had this end to your holiday.

Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: smart wings

olympic hoildays use them you cant get cheaper than them book through olympic hoildays just click on flights there r no extras unlike the rest

8. Re: smart wings

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2015, 05:15