We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overcharged by Airfasttickets.co.uk!

London
Level Contributor
16 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Overcharged by Airfasttickets.co.uk!

I have booked a ticket with them for Virgin Atlantic flight. At the point of purchasing my ticket the cost is £743.95, with the same cost double-confirmed with the confirmation e-mail they have sent me after the transaction has been completed.

However, I am outrageous to have checked my account this week and seen that they have charged me £782.26 (with about £22.71 transaction charge as it was paid to a Greek account). I want to iterate the fact that I have booked this ticket through airfasttickets.co.uk, a registered UK company, and my payment was also paid into account named Air Fast Tickets that is the same company.

I want to see if anyone has a problem and whether they can advice me how to tackle with this company?

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Overcharged by Airfasttickets.co.uk!

This seems to be an increasing problem judging by the number of posts here recently.

Just look down the page in this forum there are several other AFT threads. Some of them have advice on how to contact AFT and some folk have had their money refunded.

Out of interest, what did the equivalent flight cost with Virgin directly?

I would also have thought that if you contact your bank or credit card company you may be able to challenge this overpayment and either get a full refund or at least the difference refunded? Let us know how that works if you try it.

Edited: 10 June 2014, 23:01
London
Level Contributor
16 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Overcharged by Airfasttickets.co.uk!

After the overcharge, the cost from the official Virgin website is actually £3 cheaper than what they have charged! The problem is that their contact section on their website is hopeless as it keeps saying it's error upon sending (probably designed to be done on purpose), and from other reviewers' comments, phoning them up is pretty hopeless with their horrendous customer service

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Overcharged by Airfasttickets.co.uk!

I've just done a dummy booking, for a fairly random flight I picked they were (apparently) £42 cheaper on a £810 ticket.

It also says this in the "small print" at the bottom of the page, I presume you had the same

"by clicking "Book Now" you (i) acknowledge and agree that your payment method will be charged for the total displayed amount (GBP,£767.69")

So I agree its nothing more than an outright scam when they actually charge you a substantially higher amount than the amount they specifically ask you to agree to. And I wonder how many people dont notice this, imagine the credit card charge comes up on your statement a few weeks later, it looks roughly the same, how many go back and check ?

A nice little earner and a different spin on the usual third party trick of saying "oh the price went up you need to pay an extra £50", these jokers dont bother with that nicety, they just charge you the extra there and then without bothering to ask ! Makes eDreams seem like a model company :-)

Perhaps you understand why most regulars here steer clear of third parties and book direct. Too much shag and hassle to do anything else and one bad transaction will wipe out years worth of 5% savings, even if there is a saving at the end.

p.s. If you are on Facebook there are some posts from them saying you should raise your issue there. What a shower.

Edited: 10 June 2014, 23:26
newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
10,184 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Overcharged by Airfasttickets.co.uk!

The advice to book direct with the airline seems to be ignored quite a lot

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
28,907 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Overcharged by Airfasttickets.co.uk!

Joe,

Did a dummy booking as you did and saw exactly the same thing. I'd regard the extra charge - in the light of their statement ...

.... "By clicking "Book Now" you (i) acknowledge and agree that your payment method will be charged for the total displayed amount (GBP,£xyz.ab" ....

.... as fraudulent. There's also nothing in their T+Cs that I saw to indicate they'd levy their own booking fee.

<< A nice little earner and a different spin on the usual third party trick of saying "oh the price went up you need to pay an extra £50", >>

And who's to say they won't try that too. The dummy booking I tried showed Lufthansa fares supposedly in the K fare bucket. But looking directly on Lufthansa.com (before selecting the flights on AFT so as to avoid emptying a bucket) the cheapest fares there were in the higher T bucket. So a potential double whammy of bait & switch fares **and** a hidden booking fee.

Add AFT to the list of those to avoid with a bargepole. And the bargepole may need upgrading to double length!

Edited: 11 June 2014, 05:59
Teesside
Level Contributor
6 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Overcharged by Airfasttickets.co.uk!

Thought I'd booked a return flight to Brisbane with airfasttickets. Got a referense number etc, did a print out etc and informed friend I was all booked up. Received an e-mail from said company saying I had cancelled my flight. I had not done this at all, alarm bells started ringing, this company had all my details passport, credit card details etc. I have e-mailed them but no reply, their phone number is dead.

Have had to ring my bank fraud side and wtold that a fee is pending on my account from them for £925 when the actual flight was showing as final payment £907.

So no flight but bank can't stop money coming off my credit card if it goes through, but I will be covered due to paying by credit card. Wish I'd read reviews in 1st place as I have caused myself load of hassle, phone calls, cancelled credit card and can't book another flight with anyone else till I know this is resoved. Don't think I'll trust another middle man when I finally book my next flight.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
28,907 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Overcharged by Airfasttickets.co.uk!

"Don't think I'll trust another middle man when I finally book my next flight."

And that TeessideJo_Jo is the **right** answer!

Teesside
Level Contributor
6 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Overcharged by Airfasttickets.co.uk!

Yeh you could be right. Will do that next time.

London
Level Contributor
16 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Overcharged by Airfasttickets.co.uk!

I have resorted to facebook which they have replied pretty quickly asking for my bank statement.

I have also managed to obtain a e-mail contact from the forum here for a guy called Kieran Shaw that I have contacted directly regarding my issue, and he has also replied quickly asking for a screenshot of my statement and my bank account detail such as sort code, account no., IBAN and SWIFT. What I am worry is that they might use my detail for some fraudster activity as you know how "reliable" this company is!?

What shall I do guys?

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
28,907 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Overcharged by Airfasttickets.co.uk!

I'd tell them to refund the charge to your credit card. They already have those details as that's how they took your money in the first place. Plus having your credit card compromised, while still bad, is less of a pain as having all the funds in your bank account siphoned off.