We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BA Or Air Canada?

Poole, United...
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
7,165 posts
212 reviews
Save Topic
BA Or Air Canada?

Hi all,

A little information please.

We are going to fly to Toronto next year.

At the moment the prices for the above two airlines are about £100 difference for two return flights. The times are also simlar. So not much help in chosing there!

I have not flown Air Canada for over 30 years or on BA long haul for 15 years.

Which would be your choice?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Peter & Jean. :o)

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BA Or Air Canada?

Which class ?

Note that BA have a fee for selecting seats in advance of checkin and AC don't, does that alter the price difference?

Do both connect in tne same airport (I'm assuming this is a two leg trip?) or are they different and if so which airport BA will be Heathrow I presume)

Poole, United...
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
7,165 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BA Or Air Canada?

Hi Joe,

I will be retiring in November and will return to the UK so this is just a one leg trip for us.

This will be just basic economy class.

Yes both are LHR to Toronto and return.

Yes worked in the pre book seats price and with that BA comes out slightly more expensive.

But within reason (economy) the price is second to comfort.

I really want to know which is the more comfortable for leg room etc.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BA Or Air Canada?

You can check the flight guru website for details but I have a feeling both are identical legroom. There was a time that AC had slightly more legroom but I think that changed. If you can spend more, then BA have Premium Economy with 8 inches more legroom, AC don't offer that class.

if you'll be flying in Canada in the future then an AC flight will get you some miles that may come in useful later whereas I assume BA airmiles (Avios) won't be of any use at all.

Also look at the connection time. Is one very tight? Are there subsequent flights should you miss on one, and not the other?

The only other factor I can think of is the EU compensation scheme, were there to be a substantial delay on the flight you are more likely to get compensation from BA than AC as with BA it's clear cut, with AC it's only for the second leg you can get it.

After that, flip a coin :-)

Poole, United...
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
7,165 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: BA Or Air Canada?

Hi Joe,

Many thanks.

As said this will be a one leg flight so NO connections!

Give or take a £100 or so we are not that tight for money but cant afford the Premium ticket.

As my partner is now 70 this will probably not go to Canada again.

We will be flying directly from England.

Many thanks.

5. Re: BA Or Air Canada?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2015, 06:16