We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JetBlue or Southwest

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
25,273 posts
523 reviews
Save Topic
JetBlue or Southwest

If both are in the same price range which is the better airline to take?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: JetBlue or Southwest

JetBlue.

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
11,899 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: JetBlue or Southwest

JetBlue, hands down.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
14,262 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: JetBlue or Southwest

In addition to price, I'd also consider time and itinerary. If one has a flight that leaves at a time you want, I'd use that as a criteria over airline quality. If the flights are similar price and time I'd also say Jet Blue.

Boston...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: JetBlue or Southwest

Obviously JetBlue.

…cbslocal.com/2014/…

Better drivers AND Stronger planes

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
377 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: JetBlue or Southwest

Doesn't JetBlue charge for the second bag? May not be a factor. I think they offer satellite TV, which Southwest does not (and which some would regard as a disadvantage).

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
13,549 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: JetBlue or Southwest

I like Southwest - better vibe/better experience overall and FEWER FEES

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
25,273 posts
523 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: JetBlue or Southwest

"Doesn't JetBlue charge for the second bag? "

Believe so, but really how many people have two bags they travel with to check in?

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
38,596 posts
1,076 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: JetBlue or Southwest

<<but really how many people have two bags they travel with to check in?>>

For most of our travels, we have 3 between the two of us. Just like on SWA, UA allows us 2 each, and at our status, the weight is 70 lbs., but even my wife has trouble getting near that max, which is good, since I have to wrangle the luggage.

Now, we have not flown JetBlue, and other than UA, only SWA, but their 737-700's and 800's have been fine. Since we usually buy their Business Select, we get to choose the Exit Rows, and each flight has been good. We can only comment on some shorter routes, such as PHX - LAS, but each has been fine. However, JetBlue does get some good recs.

Hunt

9. Re: JetBlue or Southwest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2015, 05:17