We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

US Ariways refund

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,160 posts
167 reviews
Save Topic
US Ariways refund

I know that one should never go back and check the prices after a fare has been purchased but I did and saw that the fare had dropped by $250 since I booked the flights yesterday,

I called US Airways to ask if there was any way I could avail of the lower fare and since I was within 24 hours, I was able to cancel (without penalty) and re-purchase at the lower fare on a non-refundable ticket. Funds should be re-deposited into my account within 7/10 days ! Good to know !

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
18,647 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: US Ariways refund

Lucky you - most of the major airlines have a 24 hour cooling off period as long as you booked direct, not sure about the LCCs.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
22,902 posts
505 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: US Ariways refund

Where was your flights from and to? and dates? Would be curious on what the pricing range is.

Oregon
Level Contributor
3,019 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: US Ariways refund

I believe that in the US all airlines must offer the 24 hour cooling off period.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
13,561 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: US Ariways refund

American, which is now merging with usair, even allows you to hold it on their website until the end of the following day at no extra charge. If price goes down you let the hold expire and buy at the lower price. If price goes up, by holding it, you've locked in the lower price.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
6,284 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: US Ariways refund

Good thing they warned you about the lag time on the refund. US Air changed my non-stop 9PM flight to a 5PM flight with a layover so I didn't accept the changes and just asked for the refund. It took nearly 2 weeks for the credit to hit my card.

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: US Ariways refund

Nice work Katy!

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
378 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: US Ariways refund

Call the airline.

Edited: 12 June 2014, 21:53
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,160 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: US Ariways refund

jordansbulls it was an open jaw dub/jfk - jfk/orf - orf/phl/dub in September 1st leg business class

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,160 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: US Ariways refund

just a follow-up: funds were credited back to my account 9 days later :)

Phoenix, AZ
Level Contributor
35,271 posts
905 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: US Ariways refund

Kathy,

<<just a follow-up: funds were credited back to my account 9 days later :)>>

Great news!

We used to deal with US more often (pre-merger), and I have found their C/S to be quite good, the few times that we needed them. Glad that everything worked out for you, and nice to see reports of good news for a change.

Travel safely,

Hunt