We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying without toothbrush!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
213 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Flying without toothbrush!

Hi,

I'm flying from heathrow to Cape town in a month and I'm just wondering do you get a complimentary toothbrush and toothpaste with British Airways? I'm going ecomony.

Also, can you buy cosmetics in Heathrow and bring them on board once you're past security?

I'm having palpitations at the thoughts of being parted with my make up, deoderant, and toothpaste!

bee

Sunderland, United...
Destination Expert
for Sunderland
Level Contributor
6,815 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying without toothbrush!

I've always gotten toothbrush and toothpaste in the bag from BA .

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
213 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying without toothbrush!

Oooo there's a bag? (my first time flying with BA!)

what else is there? (thanks for your reply by the way Daisie)

Bee

3. Re: Flying without toothbrush!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2006, 11:55
London
Level Contributor
8,560 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flying without toothbrush!

Wouldn't rely on getting any complimentary bag in economy. I flew to far east recently and got nothing in economy. Depending on situation at time, if possible, buy toothbrush/past once through security.

London
Level Contributor
401 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flying without toothbrush!

BA provide an in flight pack with socks and toothbrush/paste in Economy.

If you prefer to take your own on board, there is a Boots Chemist in Terminal 4 at Heathrow- after you pass the security check point - and for a Cape Town flight you can take these on board, along with any other cosmetics etc you want. At least those are the current regulations!

Beaverton, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cannon Beach
Level Contributor
6,137 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flying without toothbrush!

im under the impression that you CANNOT carry anything on board even items bought after you clear security and before you board the plane

London
Level Contributor
401 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flying without toothbrush!

If you're flying from a UK airport with British Airways to a non-US airport, you can carry anything onboard the aircraft you normally used to with two big exceptions :-

(1) You can't take any liquid items - including gels, pastes etc - through the security checkpoint, so if you want to take these onboard you have to buy them AFTER the security checkpoint in the airside airport shops.

(2) Your carry-on allowance has been scaled back to a single piece of luggage with dimensions of 45cm x 35cms x 16 cms - which is considerably smaller than the old carry on cases you used to be allowed. You also can't carry additional handbags etc on top of this one piece of luggage.

If you're on a USA bound flight, the bar on liquids is absolute - you cannot take anything in a liquid form onto the aircraft.

These are UK Govt regulations, so check with other airlines if they are applying anything additional to this, but they all must comply with these regs are a minimum when operating from the UK.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
213 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flying without toothbrush!

Thank you all for your replies!

melbourne
Level Contributor
6,752 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flying without toothbrush!

mmm, this is all confusing and making me want to stay within Australia.

London
Level Contributor
8,560 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Flying without toothbrush!

Must have been unlucky on my last BA longhaul economy flight - no flight packs were provided. Return flight with Qantas did provide these packs.