We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airfasttickets.com - WARNING!

North Potomac, MD
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Airfasttickets.com - WARNING!

I just decided to post here as a warning for fellow travelers. Below is my sad story.

I bought a ticket from Airfasttickets.com (was routed there from Skyscanner) due to lower price.

Recently the second leg of my trip was changed (airline cancelled the flight and re-booked me for the flight departing 5 hours later). When I called the airline to check my option they told me that I can change my first flight to the later one free of charge as well, to shorten the layover time. Unfortunately, since I bought my ticket through Airfasttickets.com airline rep could not change it and advised me to call them. This is where the trouble started.

For 48 hours I tried to do this change to no avail. I called their "customer service" several times (waited on hold for ~30 minutes each time) and was told the following: "I forwarded your request to our ticketing department", "be patient" etc. I also send emails through their website (no reply). If you call them be prepared that the person you talk to can''t do anything to help you - they just "forward your request to the relevant department"! When I called last time I was told that there were no seats available on the flight I want, which was a blatant LIE! I called airline afterwards and confirmed, that the seats are in fact available!!!

Bottom line: if you see the name Airfasttickets.com - buy at your own risk. I had bad experiences with customer service in my life, but this company has a most incompetent and lazy staff you can imagine. They don't give a s***t about their customers.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
176 posts
22 reviews
11. Re: Airfasttickets.com - WARNING!

Thanks for posting, it,s like posting tomorrow is Saturday.

North Potomac, MD
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
12. Re: Airfasttickets.com - WARNING!

Dude, I know ...I always check, but I was booking complicated and expensive trip for several people and was short on time. I made a mistake and I posted my story here so other people don't make. If it saves even one person a trouble dealing with this company - OK with me.

Also, they are not outright scam - the airline honored the reservation made through them.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
13. Re: Airfasttickets.com - WARNING!

there is virtually nothing can be found on the web on them.

------------

300 plus posts tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k72589…

Full of horror stories.

North Potomac, MD
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
14. Re: Airfasttickets.com - WARNING!

Dude,

Everybody in this tread except me is from UK - you guys have pretty extensive experience with them. I am from US.

There is nothing on forum on their US office and site. I talked to the people who seem to be in New York. For what I knew it may be not the same company at all (now I know that they are in fact parts of the same Greek company).

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
15. Re: Airfasttickets.com - WARNING!

Surely if you are investigating "wescamyou", it doesn't matter if its wescamyou UK or US?

Anyway, to be fair you have put down a marker for others to find after they have been burned - because in the main people only find these threads then, they dont look beforehand. Perhaps the sort of person that looks beforehand wouldn't deal with a company with no record, however tempting the prices are, knowing that the chances are its just yet another shonky company with questionable practices.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
16. Re: Airfasttickets.com - WARNING!

Maybe I've just woken up in a good mood, which is obviously unusual, but it think kudos to the op for coming back and arguing his case, many people just sod off when they don't like the responses. So fair play to him for hanging around.

I think there is also a fair point on the US site v the uk one, but agree the main problem is many people check after they run into trouble not before.:-((

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
29,253 posts
6 reviews
17. Re: Airfasttickets.com - WARNING!

When I googled "Airfasttickets.com" the Tripadvisor thread that Joe linked to on #13 was the SECOND item on page one, immediately below the company's own listing.

Katy, Texas
3 posts
18. Re: Airfasttickets.com - WARNING!

I appreciate your warning :)

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
19. Re: Airfasttickets.com - WARNING!

Vely25 I see from your posts you are chasing unrealistic dreams because you are ending up at some of the worst websites. There are no websites out there offering super duper savings due to their "exclusive contracts with unnamed airlines" or other such bunkum.

There are just a bunch of scammers of varying degrees. Some will just charge more, some will give extra hassle,some will lose you money, some will do all three, some will outright steal all your money.

If you are buying a package, eg flight and hotel, you may find deals through reputable websites like Expedia or the airlines, everyone else stop clutching at straws or you will get burned.

auckland new zealand
Level Contributor
37 posts
24 reviews
20. Re: Airfasttickets.com - WARNING!

Like some others I booked after giving credence to a search site before finding this thread and the UK ones - whoops. However to date the booking has been confirmed on Air Canada's website and I have been correctly debited on my debit card, a few days on from the booking, for a flight in October. From some other comments I have seen we should now be "safe", tho I will continue to monitor my debit card and post again if it all turns to custard.

Could things still go wrong if the airline has confirmed the booking? I suspect Airfast has had to pay the airline and can't now cancel the booking and retrieve the payment?

Like lexxius I booked via the US site and while there was a saving over the airline's site it wasn't huge. From reading other posts it seems the UK site overpromises on price and this then unravels, with cancelled bookings and problems recovering payments.

Is there anything else I should be watching out for, having committed to this point?