We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Expedia double charging problems

Vilnius, Lithuania
3 posts
Save Topic
Expedia double charging problems

We made 2 reservations on expedia.com for flights in the USA. We paid for the tickets, got the confirmation and itineraries from Expedia. But in the bank account I can see that they reserved the same money amounts once more. I couldn't reach their Customer Service, they don't reply to emails, don't react in facebook as well. Does anyone faced the same problem? What should I do to get those double reserved money back?

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Expedia double charging problems

How did you pay? Credit Card? Debit card? What you sometimes see is that one is a "hold" and one the actual purchase. The hold usually disappears quickly after the purchase but not always, it can take a week to go away. Did you call your credit card supplier or bank and ask?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
15,000 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Expedia double charging problems

Also, how long ago did you book?

Vilnius, Lithuania
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Expedia double charging problems

Booking was made last Monday, June 9. I paid with VISA. Called the bank, but they said they couldn't do anything and I should talk to Expedia. And Expedia doesn't respond.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Expedia double charging problems

Called the bank, but they said they couldn't do anything and I should talk to Expedia

=====

Did they say why they couldn't do anything? The most usual reason would be, because its a hold. If so, you may find its gone tomorrow because a week has passed.

If not you'll have to call your bank and dispute one of the charges and hope it doesn't mess up your booking

Pretty poor that Expedia wont respond.

This (yet again) is why so many people here advise to just book direct it cuts out all this rubbish. I had a similar issue with flights with BA, called them, they knew what was happening and could advise it was hold and after a week it went. This was a credit card which is less painful as its not your actual money wrapped up.

Vilnius, Lithuania
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Expedia double charging problems

Thanks a lot, I will wait till tomorrow - I hope it will be gone.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Expedia double charging problems

Good luck do let us know what happens.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,589 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Expedia double charging problems

Does Expedia's Live Chat feature no longer work?

expediacsp.custhelp.com/app/chat/launch

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,933 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Expedia double charging problems

Good one Lulutoo - I sometimes wonder myself. I think people just search for "stuff" on google and go where-ever google takes them, even if it's TripAdvisor.

9. Re: Expedia double charging problems

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2015, 06:17