We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on Malaysia flight

Pune, India
5 posts
Save Topic
Advice on Malaysia flight

I am planning to book Mumbai to Kuala Lampur flight which depart from Mumbai at 22:50 and arrive in Kuala Lampur at 6:35 am. Can I book a 10:00am flight from Kuala Lamput to Langkawi on the same day. Actually its not a connected flight. I am booking these 2 flights separately. So not sure if immigration will happen in Kuala Lampur and how much time will it take. Also will I need to collect my luggage do immigration and then again go for security check to take Langkawi flight ? Please advice as I am travelling 1st time to Malaysia.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
20,473 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on Malaysia flight

"I am booking these 2 flights separately."

Unless you have an overnight stay I always advise against booking separate flights as you carry all the risks if you miss the connecting flight.

Whilst the connection might be possible there could be delays or cancellations n the day of the flights or schedule changes before travel by either airline that makes it an impossible connection.

Are you prepared to take the risk of having to buy a new ticket if something was to go wrong.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g41707-c207311/Newton…

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,669 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on Malaysia flight

i suspect these flights are not with malaysia airlines, but with air asia. on this route combination, it is not possible to book on one ticket - they are point-to-point. 'fly-thru' appears not to be available.

yes, you will do immigration on arrival in k.l. and yes, you will collect your bags. them you have to check in and do bag-drop again. were i you, i would be looking for an early afternoon flight to lgk. [bear in mind, arrival in lgk is very quick and efficient, and you often won't be able to get into your hotel room until mid-afternoon].

if i am wrong, and you are flying malaysia airlines on both legs, then book on one ticket. and if you are mixing airlines - air asia flies from lcct, which is, in effect, a different airport to klia.

Pune, India
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on Malaysia flight

thanks for the advice. I will go with your suggestions and will book both the lights for different dates. Mumbai to Kuala Lampur is by Malindo airlines and Kuala Lampur to Langkawi is by Air Asia.

Well I need guidance on Langkawi hotels. I have shortlisted few hotels. The hotels are

1) Four Points by Sheraton Langkawi Resort

2) Bella Vista Resort & Spa Langkawi

3) Bayview Hotel Langkawi

4) The Ocean Residence Resort Langkawi

Could you please recommend which one would be better. All are in my budget. I am looking for a hotel close to beach at the same time rooms should be clean.

I am still searching for Kuala Lampur hotels once shortlisted will ask for guidance on it.

Thanks in advance :)

Isle Of Wight
Destination Expert
for Isle of Wight, Sitges
Level Contributor
3,888 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice on Malaysia flight

You need to post this on The Langkawi forums

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,669 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice on Malaysia flight

as rawtalent says - please post on the lgk forum which is here

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g298283-i8829-La…

but i will say - four points by sheraton is the only one of the three which has a beach, but the ocean view is far and away the best hotel, in my opinion.

Essex UK
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice on Malaysia flight

“if i am wrong, and you are flying malaysia airlines on both legs, then book on one ticket. and if you are mixing airlines - air asia flies from lcct, which is, in effect, a different airport to klia.”

The above cut and pasted statement that LCCT (Low Cost Terminal) is effectively another airport is INCORRECT. LCCT is no longer, (Ceased in May 2014), and has now been replaced by a new low cost terminal called klia2 which Air Asia, amongst others, uses.

Malindo has two hubs, Subang (old international airport …SZB) and Sepang (new Kuala Lumpur International Airport designated …… KUL)

Subang is about a one hour drive from KL whilst Sepang can be done in 35mins using the KLIA Ekspress.

If you are arriving at the Sepang hub then your travel burden is lighter as Air Asia also operates out of the new klia2 terminal.

The KLIA Express train, KLIA Ekspres operates with 15-minute and 20-minute intervals during peak and off-peak hours, respectively. The inter-terminal fare between KLIA and KLIA2 is an affordable RM2 and the ride only takes 3 minutes.

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,669 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Advice on Malaysia flight

thanks for that.

8. Re: Advice on Malaysia flight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2015, 05:16