We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

China Eastern Carry-On limits

1 post
Save Topic
China Eastern Carry-On limits

I am flying China Eastern economy LA to Shanghai to Phnom Penh. The site says that I am allowed 1 carry on up to 15lb. Does anyone know if I will have a problem with a large purse/tote (if it fits under the seat) in addition to my carry on?

Trondheim, Norway
Destination Expert
for Trondheim
Level Contributor
4,744 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: China Eastern Carry-On limits

First off it seems China Eastern has a problem with their kg to lbs conversion. They allow 5kgs hand luggage in Economy (this is ca. 11 lbs).

The size is 56x36x23cm

The number of bags allowed is 1. Always go on the assumption that the airline will follow it's own rules and will allow 1 pcs.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
42,526 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: China Eastern Carry-On limits

They usually do not care and do not enforce their rules but I have never flown them from LA.

3. Re: China Eastern Carry-On limits

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2015, 06:16