We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BA flights - Edinburgh - Heathrow - chicago o'hare - madison

Edinburgh, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
BA flights - Edinburgh - Heathrow - chicago o'hare - madison

hi,

I'm flying from Edinburgh to madion with connecting flights in heathrow and chicago and have a couple of questions;

All booked with BA with my bags make it to madion or will I need to pick them up in chicago ?

Where will I go through immigration ?

all replies much appreciated

G

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
14,466 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BA flights - Edinburgh - Heathrow - chicago o'hare - madison

I'm assuming everything is on one ticket in which case your bags will be checked through to your final destination although you will have to pick them up at ORD and take them through US customs before handing them back to the airline. You will clear immigration at ORD as well.

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BA flights - Edinburgh - Heathrow - chicago o'hare - madison

Assume this is one ticket EDI-MSN? if yes then you will clear INS/Customs at ORD (allow at least 3 hours to make connecting flight), you will need to pick up luggage at ORD and just past customs there is a luggage drop and your luggage will be routed through to your final destination

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
20,725 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BA flights - Edinburgh - Heathrow - chicago o'hare - madison

I am assuming your flights to LHR and ORD are with BA but the flight from ORD to Madison will be with AA so look for an AA bag drop point after exiting customs in ORD.

I'd also suggest making sure that your bags are tagged to your final destination when you check in at EDI.

On the return flight you'll check in bags at your departure airport and won't see them again until you arrive in EDI.

Edinburgh, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: BA flights - Edinburgh - Heathrow - chicago o'hare - madison

brilliant thanks

G

5. Re: BA flights - Edinburgh - Heathrow - chicago o'hare - madison

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2015, 06:16